Chapter 44

Jennie's POV

"Where the hell is that idiotic brother of mine? I thought he'll only be gone for a minute or so." I slumped myself back to the couch while scanning through my phone. There wasn't anything interesting really but I was getting bored.

Minutes passed and finally, a honk from outside was heard. I hastily made my way to the front door to be met by someone I don't exactly wanna see right now.

"What are you doing here, Jisoo?" I coldly asked but she only smiled at me.

"Sorry, your brother drove me here and he said that I'll drive the car to here because he went to a nearby store. To buy stuff." She chuckled nervously after finishing what she said. She was also rubbing her nape which was a cute sight to me but I didn't let her notice that I was fantasizing her being in a bunny pj. Nope, that'd be embarrassing.

"Okay. Well, you already drove it here. You can go now." I was about to close the door when Jisoo's hand shoved in the small opening of it. I was relieved that I didn't close the door too abruptly or else her hand might've been injured badly.

"I need to talk to you, Jen." She says, no. She pleaded. The small crack on the door was enough to make me see that she was begging with her eyes. Two sides of me were debating inside my head. And soft Jennie won this time.

I opened the door but remained a calm composure while crossing my arms and looking at her coldly.

"Speak." I ordered and she almost flinched at that. I came to realize that it was like this when she came back from America. Me being cold to her and her trying to win me back again.

"I'm here to explain to you what Soojoo actually said to me at the garden. You must've misunderstood. I'm not telling you that your wrong but at least let me tell you my side of the story." She brought her hands together as if pleading. She's been doing that since she came here.

But I couldn't resist her really. She's cute being like this.

"Fine. And by the way, how did you know that I was from the garden? I'm very sure that you were to busy with that Soojoo bitch, I mean, Soojoo to even notice me and Taehyung." I remained a cold gaze on her now baffled look. She really looked confused and betrayed? I don't know anymore!

"You were with Taehyung? No wonder... that guy's a real pain and a good actor too." She raked a few hair strands to the back of her head then smiled at me with a smile that I couldn't put together. The kind of smile that makes me wanna kiss her and hug her right now.

"What do you mean?" Even with those thoughts battling inside my head,

"Jennie, you actually believed what that guy said? What if it wasn't what it looked like? Jennie, it was dark and Taehyung didn't have a good eye to actually catch what happened." She scoffed and turned around. Her body was tensed up and all I wanted to do right now was hug her tight.

I wanted to ask her what happened but something was telling me at the back of my mind not to. And stupid me, I followed what the back of my mind decided.

"I don't care what Taehyung saw or didn't see. All that matters is that I know Soojoo and you are pretty much happy together."

"What are you trying to say exactly?" She asked with her head halfway facing me. She had a confused or challenging look right now. And I wasn't gonna back down to tell her what I'm thinking right now. She had the right to know.

Even if I know I'll be crying for days or even months after this, I still said it. It was a crazy thing to say especially because I love her so much. But seeing her happy with someone else hurts but I can bear the pain.

"Just be together, Jisoo. You and Soojoo, I meant. It's not that hard really. Your engaged anyways." It was against my will to say this. I wanted a future with her but I was too stupid to realize that she loves me too just as much as I love her.

"A-Are you saying that your breaking up with me?" Her voice cracked as she said those words. It sounded pained and sad.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. We never had a label anyways." I turned my body around and closed the door with my foot.

I didn't eve realize that tears were flowing down from my eyes. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from making any unnecessary sounds. She must still be there outside anyways.

I rushed to my room and locked myself up. It was a dumb decision and I knew that. But like I said, I'm stupid af.

I'm sorry, Jisoo.

...