Chapter 48

Jennie's POV

"L-leaving..?" I mumbled to myself with wide eyes and trembling body. I can see my vision getting blurry by the tears forming in my eyes.

Hanbin made me face him as he hugged me tight. I embraced him as well while sobbing on his chest. My sobs were muffled and I'm glad that those two didn't hear me. I don't even know why I'm crying 1 now. I probably look pathetic.

"JISOO UNNIE!"

We - Jisoo, me, Soojoo, and Hanbin - were surprised of the sudden loud call that was done by the only loud person I know.

"Lisa, why'd you shout like that?!" Chaeyoung, who was behind Lisa, hit her head real good while blushing from embarrassment.

"Didn't you hear her correctly! She's leaving again!" Lisa pointed to Jisoo with gritted teeth and teary eyes. I guess Jisoo leaving before affected her greatly too just like me and Chaeng.

Chaeyoung glared at Jisoo who gulped and avoided her piercing gaze. She moved forward towards the two followed by Lisa behind her who was still not letting her tears fall. And I suppose they still didn't notice me and my brother.

"You promised, y'know." Chaeyoung stopped in front of Jisoo who stood up from the railings. Chaeyoung was obviously angry with Jisoo but didn't even think twice to compose herself or else Jisoo might've been badly beaten up by the two giants.

"Chaeng... I-."

"We might've only heard half of the conversation but I'm pretty sure that you don't wanna do this." Chaeyoung cut her off.

Jisoo stayed silent whole Soojoo was getting uncomfortable with Lisa's glare towards her. The atmosphere surrounding the place was now depressing and heavy.

"Your right. I don't wanna do this but this is the only way for me to forget about Jennie." Jisoo held her head high and refused to back down. She was completely honest by what she said just by looking at her eyes.

"Jennie Unnie? Why would you wanna forget her? Just because you guys broke up doesn't mean she doesn't care about you, Jisoo." Chaeyoung defended while heaving. She's really gonna snap if this goes on and on. I really wanted to butt in the conversation and all but Hanbin refused to let me go. He decided that I won't have to show up based on the situation right now.

But I can't help but feel guilty because they're arguing all because of me. It was selfish of me to break up with Jisoo, sure. But I know Jisoo understood the situation we both were in before all this. Besides, I'm sure she loves Soojoo more than me. I wasn't enough for no one anyways.

"Jennie cares about me? That's bull..." Jisoo combed her hair up and scoffed before continuing. "She deliberately broke up with me without even telling me the definite reason why she did that! She didn't even let me explain what the hell really happened that night! All she did was believe that good 'ol Kim Taehyung who is more believable than her girlfriend at that time." Jisoo turned her back around Chaeyoung and Lisa. The maknaes looked confused of the situation but didn't dare to ask. They'll surely bombard me with questions after all this drama.

All went silent for awhile before Soojoo spoke up with a nervous look on her face. She patted Jisoo's head like telling her to calm down and let her handle this before speaking.

"Soo-ah explained everything to me after the break up of her and Jennie. I'm pretty sure Jennie already told you this? That night..." Soojoo trailed off then inhaled a breath before continuing. Then maknaes still looked confused. I didn't really tell them anything except for the break up and such. "...me and Soo-ah did not kiss at all. I whispered my goodbyes to her because I'm leaving this Friday and forever will leave her and Jennie but I guess the angle was a but confusing for Taehyung and saw another scene which was me and Soo-ah kissing."

What? Is this all true? Was I assuming too much of it and actually got tricked by Taehyung..?

"Th-That's why Jennie Unnie left early at the party? Then that's more reason for us to beat the crap outta Jisoo Unnie. She didn't even try to talk Jennie Unnie outta this?" Lisa butted in and cracked her knuckles as if trying to show that she was ready to beat someone up which was Jisoo.

"No! Soo-ah tried to but Jennie broke off with her before she could even try!" Soojoo set herself in the middle of Jisoo and the maknaes even though she knows she has no fught with the two. And me? I'm feeling guilty right now.

I promised Jisoo that I'll be with her throughout everything and I broke it. Looks like I also broke two things that are important.

Jisoo's heart and her trust.

"It's not Jennie's fault really... maybe... I wasn't the one for her, that's why." Jisoo spoke up before smiling sadly. Soojoo looked sorry for her. The maknaes were having mixed emotions with this, I'm sure. Hanbin looked like he was about to burst. And me? I wanna kill myself so badly like fuck!

My heart broke into a thousand pieces and if mine hurts this badly then what about Jisoo's.

Damn it. I'm an asshole for pete's sake! How could I break off with someone this perfect?! Fucking shithead! Damn it Jennie!

"But... I know that..." Jisoo spoke again and all attention were on her again. She smiled bitterly before somehow looking at the direction where I am right now. And just by that look, I know that she knew we were here.

"I didn't make you mine, Jennie."

...