Chapter 1

Blake

"Honey, I'm home!" I call out before telling the guys to take off their shoes. My kitten hates mess and since we've just come back from practice and it's quite rainy outside, our shoes are not the cleanest.

We all head to the kitchen where my cute fiancée is making dinner, wearing one of my t-shirts and yoga pants. She greets me with a smile and I make my way to her, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

"Hi baby." Lia greets with a smile, turning her head to give me a kiss.

"Hi kitten." I lean my chin on her shoulder, watching her cook.

"We're here, too, you know." Simon mocks from his seat at the breakfast bar, making the others chuckle. James, David and he wanted to come over for a while, and after asking my kitten if she's alright with it, we picked a date when we're both available. The guys wanted to meet my girl so badly they kept pestering me about it ever since they saw my engagement ring. But Lia, being Lia, didn't even notice their curious glances whenever she waited for me to be done with practice.

"So?" Lia mocks Simon back, glancing at him over her shoulder with a smirk.

"So maybe you could knock your PDA down a little, huh?" Simon's smirk matches Lia's.

"Nah, I think I'm fine. Are you allergic to anything?" I barely stop myself from chuckling at the dumbstruck expressions on guys' faces. They slowly shake their heads, still confused about Lia's question.

"Okay, then." My kitten doesn't even bother to explain why she asked the guys about their allergies, so I decide to clarify.

"If you were allergic to something, you could have a reaction to the food and we don't really want to be responsible for your untimely death." I smirk mockingly without taking my head off kitten's shoulder.

"Oh... - They nod in understanding - So what are you making?" David speaks for the first time, leaning against the counter.

"Roast beef with stir-fried vegetables and cheesy roasted sweet potatoes." Lia replies offhandedly, focusing on the veggies in front of her. My prissy little chef. Nothing can take her attention off food, whether she's making it or eating.

"Damn it you two. I fucking hate you." David grumbles, glaring at us. I feel my brow rise at the sudden change of mood.

"Come on, man, what's your problem?" James asks, staring at Dave incredulously, as surprised about his sudden moodiness as me.

"Did something happen?" I question before leaving a kiss on my girl's head and going to sit at the bar in front of the guys.

"It just irks me to watch couples like you. – he sighs – Cassie and I broke up." I don't say anything, knowing he doesn't need words of comfort.

"Why? You were fine just days ago!" Simon is clearly taken aback by his brother's words.

Dave mulls over his response, glancing at my girl longingly, as if reminiscing his relationship, before sighing heavily. "After watching you guys, you know, living together, studying together, planning your life together and everything... It made me want the same thing. That stability. But after I talked to Cassie about it, she straight out told me she's not ready for such commitment and she never thought about having a future with me. I really thought she loved me, but she only called me stupid and said she was with me just for popularity, since I'm the captain of the team. I've never felt so fucking hurt. 2 years! We've been together for almost 2 years and she tells me it was all fake! That she had no feelings!" We all stay quiet, letting David pour it all out.