Chapter 37

Blake

I take my sweet kitten to our new house, or at least what I hope will be our new house. I can't wait to show her the place. When I found the ad, I was taken off guard by how beautiful the house is. It fits our tastes perfectly.

"Close your eyes baby." I instruct when we get closer.

"Oh come on! – Lia whines adorably – I'll see it anyway, so what's the point?"

"Nuh-uh. I don't want you to guess which one is it." I tease, making her grunt sulkily.

"Meanie." She pouts dejectedly, but closer her eyes nonetheless.

I drive down the long driveway leading to the house then park it in front of the entrance. "Stay inside." I tell my kitten before quickly getting out of the car and rounding it to help her. With her small hand in mine, we walk inside the house.

"Okay, kitten. Open your eyes." I whisper, hugging my girl from behind.

"Oh my god! – she gasps – It's so beautiful! It's gorgeous!!!" She exclaims happily turning in my arms to wrap hers around my waist. "It's perfect!"

I laugh at her cuteness. "You haven't seen everything yet."

"Then let's see it!" She cheers, pulling me around the house. I watch amused as she checks every room.

It's a two-story house, with three bedrooms with adjoined bathrooms, two living rooms, big kitchen, guest bathroom on each floor and even a big basement, which we can turn into a gym. The color scheme is already the way we wanted – white and gray with a touch of wood. I can already imagine us living here.

Lia skips around the place, checking everything like she's on a mission, then runs back to me, giggling happily as she jumps around me like a hyperactive kitten. Adorable.

"I love it! I love it! I love it!" She shouts as she hugs my waist, staring up at me with wide eyes that are almost sparkling in happiness.

"Should we get it?"

"Get it? – she frowns – You mean, you want to buy this house?!"

"Why not? It's not like we don't have money... At first I thought we could lease it, but..." I shrug.

"But what?" Lia pries curiously.

"But having it forever doesn't sound like a bad idea. Imagine it kitten, you and me in a house out of the city. No nosy neighbors, no loud parties around, no noise, no traffic... It'd be just us in our own haven."

Lia's eyes brighten even more at this as a gorgeous smile appears on her cute face.

"Let's buy it! Please, let's buy it! How much is it?" She rushes out, getting this cute concentrated look on her face as she does the calculations.

"Are you sure? If you want, we can look for something else..."

"I'm sure. This is perfect! Don't you like it too...?" She tentatively asks, frowning in worry.

As if she has anything to worry about.

"I love it just as much as you do. – she grins at this – Let's call the owners, shall we?" I suggest, pulling out my phone from my jeans.

The owners of the house arrive about 15 minutes later, seemingly happy about being able to sell the house so fast. The only thing they're unsure about is our credibility.

"This is not a small sum, you know. Are you sure you want to pay it all at once?" The man, Carl questions curiously.

"Yeah, we're sure. We'd like to move in as soon as possible." I smile, glancing lovingly at my kitten as she snuggles into my side. She's almost bouncing in excitement.