Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2

Blake

Lia stares at my mom in pure shock, patting my back as I cough. "P-Pregnant?"

"Mom!" I whine.

"What? You said yourself you have a surprise for us." Mom defends with a shrug.

I sigh heavily. "I did say that, but it's not a baby!"

"Then what is it?" Dad asks curiously.

"We bought a house." I tell them with a grin.

Mom only smiles happily while dad nods in approval. "Wow. You really are taking some serious steps..." He praises.

"Of course we are. You both know we plan on getting married." I pull Lia to my side and press a kiss to her head. I'm not lying, though. We do plan on getting married. Soon. We promised each other to do that on our 1000-day anniversary. And it's only a year away.

"So you're not having a baby?" Mom asks.

"No, we're not."

"Then I guess I bought your gifts too soon..." She chuckles.

"What gifts?" I question suspiciously.

"We got you some... things for the baby." Mom admits reluctantly, making both me and Lia laugh.

"Mom, you're impossible." Lia shakes her head.

"I'm sorry, but when Blake said he has a surprise, I just assumed he meant... you know. Damn it, now we don't have anything to give you." Mom grumbles sulkily.

I chuckle in amusement. "You don't have to get us anything, mom." I assure her.

"Blake's right. The point of Christmas is not to exchange gifts but to spend time together as a family." Lia adds.

"Wow, kitten, you're so wise." I tease, getting a cheeky grin from my girl.

"And don't you forget it." She pecks my lips.

After a while, Lia and decide to sleep off out journey. Mom has a night shift at the hospital and dad got some work to finish in his office, so we're going to have some peace. The only problem is that little fleabag that follows my girl around.

"You're not sleeping with us. – I take Cookie in my hand and carry him to my dad's study – You are going to stay with dad, you little fluff. I ain't sharing my bed with you." I scold him, ignoring his whines as he squirms in my hands.

"Dad, I'm leaving this with you. Lia and I are going to sleep and he keeps whining at our door." Dad laughs as I place the puppy on his desk, gently pulling Cookie onto his legs.

"Fine, fine. I'll keep him with me for a while. But I can't guarantee he won't run away. He seems to like our girl."

"Yeah. Too much if you ask me. – I grumble – Will you keep an eye on him? We really want to sleep." I sigh tiredly.

"Sure, go get some rest." Dad nods, petting Cookie's head distractedly.

"Thanks, dad. See you in the morning!" I yawn, walking out of his study and going to my old bedroom, where Lia is already waiting for me.

"Did you really have to do that? It's just a puppy." My kitten chuckles as I take off my clothes and get in bed beside her.

"A puppy that steals your attention from me." I put my arm under her neck and cradle her against me, pressing a kiss to her head.

"If you're like this with a puppy I'm scared to think what you'll be like with our kids." My kitten jokes, giggling into my bare chest.

"Did you lie to my mom? – I gasp – Are you actually pregnant?"