Chapter 9

Blake

As soon as we enter the club, we're greeted by the sight of strippers. Shit. I hoped there wouldn't be any.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Lia seethes quietly beside me, tightening her hold on my hand possessively.

"It's okay, baby. We don't have to interact with them." I kiss her head to soothe her ruffled feathers.

Lia stays quiet, but I can still feel her agitation. This evening just turned ten times worse.

"Hey guys! Come here!" David calls out for us, waving from the booth in the corner. He has a beer in his hand and a girl on his lap that keeps running her hands all over him and kissing his neck.

I'm actually starting to feel worried about my friend. He's using this girl to get over the break-up with Cassie and it's saddening. He's a great guy and seeing him so broken is painful. He and I got close during last year; he's like my brother now.

"I think we should set him up with someone. He's really not looking good." Lia whispers when we sit in the booth, across from Dave, Simon and James. The three of them came here from the same high school and have been close since then. During the freshman year, they also let me in their little circle and now I feel like I'm back with Will and Ty, with friends that feel like brothers to me.

That's why I'm going to ask them for a favor.

But not now. I think for a moment about Lia's suggestion, then lean into her ear. "It might be a good idea, but with whom?" I question.

"I'll tell you later. But I have the perfect girl for him. She's the exact opposite of Cassie." Lia smirks at me, wiggling her brows suggestively.

The guys around us clearly get a wrong idea about our little exchange, watching us with knowing grins.

"You know, we're here too. Try to not fuck in front of us." Simon laughs, making Ally and Jessie giggle quietly.

"Hey, speak for yourself. I wouldn't mind the show." Our linebacker, Evan, licks his lips lewdly, slurring slightly. The party's barely started and he's already drunk. Idiot.

"For free? Not a chance." Lia laughs and I choke on my drink. Is she serious?!

"How much, then?" Evan leans forward, staring at my girl hungrily. He's about to get punched!

"She's fucking joking, man. You're so naive." James scoffs and we all laugh when Evan whines dejectedly.

"Oh come on! You're hot, girl!"

"Leave my woman alone, Evan. I mean it." I pull Lia closer, wrapping my arm around her waist and leaning my chin on her shoulder, openly staking my claim. Everyone knows Lia's mine, but some guys still don't take our engagement seriously, thinking it's a joke, since we're 'too young'.

"Woah, calm down Knights. I'm just saying what I think."

"So am I. If you look at my woman like that one more time, I'll redecorate your face." I sternly tell him, almost smiling at his paling face.

"Okay, okay. I'll leave you alone." He holds up his hands in surrender, concentrating on his drink again. He knows he stands no chance in a fight with me.

"He's drunk, don't mind him." Lia whispers, kissing my neck.

"I don't like people talking about you this way."

"I know." She smiles adoringly.

"This. Is. Why. I . Hate. You." Dave hisses, emphasizing each word.

"Don't worry baby, I'm here now." The girl on his lap, whatever her name is, snuggles into him, shamelessly putting her hand under his shirt.

"Handsome! You're back already!" I wince when I hear the annoyingly shrill voice of none other than Roxy. Oh shit.

"Don't even try, bitch. – Lia snarls furiously, glaring at the woman – He's mine."

"You again." Roxy grumbles with distaste.

"Yeah, it's me. Now get your skanky ass out of here." Lia seethes. Everyone at the table watches the exchange with either amusement or shock, never having witnessed my girl in action. I love it when she's like this, but since we don't go out with the team very often, they didn't know about this side of my girl.

"Bitch." Roxy hisses before sauntering away, exaggerating her moves to appear more 'sexy'. For me she just looks stupid.

"Whore." Lia grumbles, leaning against me. "I fucking hate her."

I don't have to wait long for guys' reaction, as they start laughing loudly.

"Holy fuck, you're awesome! I had no idea you were so badass!" Simon guffaws staring at Lia with wide eyes.

Lia, being Lia, just shrugs. She's not interested in what people think about her. She doesn't care about it.

The guys are clearly impressed with my kitten, but the girls, Jessie and Ally, don't look so happy. They keep whispering to each other, frowning slightly. I just shake my head. They sure like to gossip.

"I'm going to the bathroom, be right back." Lia quietly tells me, kissing my cheek before getting off my lap and walking away. Ally and Jessie nod to each other and get up too, going after my girl.

I discreetly sign to David to get rid of the girl on his lap, while some of the guys go to dance. He gets my message and quickly pushes the girl off, getting a mean glare in response as she flicks her hair obnoxiously.

"She wasn't that nice anyway. I could barely breathe through her perfume." Dave chuckles, taking a sip of his drink. "Now, what is it Blake? I can tell you want to talk about something."

I sigh heavily, glancing around to see if my girl's back yet, then pull out the picture from my pocket. I got it from Lia's desk after she hid it.

"I need a favor." I put the picture on the table, face down, not wanting to see the face of the fucker who hurt my kitten when she was a child.

"What is this?" David picks up the photo, raising his brow when he sees the guy in it. "Who's this?"

"This is my favor. This guy is... a fucking monster. And he's after my girl. She doesn't want to see his face, cause he... he hurt her before. But we need to watch out for him."

"What did he do?" Simon questions suspiciously.

"I can't tell you. It's not my place."

"What do you want us to do? – David gives me a serious look, clearly realizing how important it is to me – Beat him up?"

"No, that's not it. I need you to let me know if you see him. We need to know when he's here." I lean my elbows on the table, giving the guys a pleading look. "Please. My woman is in danger."

"Holy fuck. – Simon exhales – Okay, bro. You can count on us. I'll make some more copies of the picture and spread it around. Don't worry, I won't say anything about your girl. I'll just warn my buddies to keep an eye on the streets." I heave a deep breath in relief.

"Thanks guys."

"No problem. You're a fucking friend, and so is Lia. I would never forgive myself if she got hurt because we didn't help." David says sincerely.

"I appreciate it. Really."

"It's fine." They just shrug indifferently.

I wave the waitress over and order a drink for everyone as a token of appreciation. Just when the waitress brings our drinks, Ally and Jessie come back, settling on Simon's and James's laps. They look upset and I have a feeling it has something to do with my girl, since they went after her.

Lia comes back few moments later, with clenched fists and angry scowl on her face. But instead of coming to me, she heads to the bar, getting a whole bottle of vodka.

Uh-oh.