Chapter 34

Lia

I'm going to regret it. I'm definitely going to regret it.

It's the stupidest thing I could ever think of doing.

"We're here, baby." Blake says and I realize I've been too lost in thought to even notice we reached Gunner's clubhouse. He stops the car, but doesn't get out, instead turns to me with a concerned look. "What are you thinking, kitten?"

I turn in my seat to face him, taking a deep breath before speaking. "I'm going to do something... stupid and reckless. Something that might ruin everything."

"Jesus, Lia, don't scare me like that. What are you planning?" My words seem to worry him even more.

"I'll explain it all to you once I've arranged everything."

"I'd rather you told me now." He counters, cupping my cheek gently.

"Will you try to stop me? I really need to do this. It's the only way to catch that fucker." I frown. If Blake doesn't support me then I'll probably not do it.

"Of course not. I'll support you in everything, you know that." He smiles reassuringly. I sigh in relief at this. My sweet Cakey. How did I get so lucky to get a man as supportive and understanding as him?

"Thank you baby." I lean to give him a kiss. "I'll tell you everything later."

"Okay." He gives me last peck then we get out of the car.

As we drag our baggage to the clubhouse, we're met by frenzied Bone rushing outside. "Oh god, Lia! Gunner told us what happened. Are you okay?" He frantically asks, cupping my face and checking me for injuries before pulling me in a bear hug.

"Bone, let me breathe. – I chuckle – I'm okay. We weren't there when it happened. We just saw the outcome." I tell him before sighing quietly. "I need to talk to Gunner, is he in?"

"Sure, he's in his office. He's trying to find out how that fucker got through the security and no one saw him..."

"Okay. – I nod then turn to Blake – I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?"

"Of course, baby."

"Come, I'll show you your room." Bone takes my bag and gestures at Blake to follow him while I go towards Gunner's office.

"What happened to the one we used to stay at?" Blake questions curiously as they walk downstairs.

"We have two new whores staying there."

"Disgusting." Blake's grumble and Bone's laughter are the last thing I hear.

I knock on Gunner's door then walk inside when I hear him call out a gruff 'come in'. "Hey Gunner."

"Oh, hi sis. I already sent the guys to your place, it'll be back to normal before tomorrow."

"Thanks. What about Razor?" I sit in the armchair in front of him, leaning my arms on my knees. Razor needs a proper burial, I also need to find his family and tell them about his death.

"He'll be buried properly. I already have Geek on his computer, looking for Razor's family members that need to be notified, then I'm going to arrange the funeral."

"Thank you."

"Now, what do you want to talk to me about? I know you're here for a reason." Gunner reads me perfectly, but I'm not surprised. He's really observant.

"I need to do something. It's stupid and can have terrible consequences, but it's the only thing I could think of to get that son of a bitch."

"I don't like where this is going..." I can tell Gunner's feeling apprehensive already.