Chapter 29

Lia

I'm so proud of my Cakey right now. So fucking proud. His team has just destroyed the Trojans. They won so easily it left me stunned. I knew they were good, but I had no idea they were that good. My Cakey's definitely getting a reward later.

After the guys are showered and changed, we all head back to the hotel, where we're going to have a celebratory dinner.

I park my rented truck in front of the hotel then text the manager to confirm my reservation. I talked to him about getting few tables for our guys for dinner while I was arranging the gym. He easily agreed, which is why I was surprised when the coach said he couldn't deal with the man. He's quite nice and understanding. He just needed the right incentive.

After few minutes, the guys' bus arrives. I can hear the boys from across the parking lot and it makes me wonder how loud it must be inside of it. Holy damn.

As the guys exit the bus, I call them over to me, leaving them utterly confused. But they don't argue. Blake pulls me into his arms as soon as he's close enough to do that. I can feel his excitement and happiness as he pulls me to his chest.

"What is it, Lia?" David asks with a confused frown when he sees that Blake is too busy squishing and kissing me.

"Leave your bags in my car and I'll take your clothes for cleaning. There's a dinner waiting for you inside, so go ahead and fill those stomachs of yours." I tell them, slightly enjoying the dumbstruck expressions on their faces. Even Coach Jones stares at me with wide eyes.

"Do you ever sleep?" He gasps, making everyone laugh.

"Of course I do, coach. – I giggle in amusement – I just like having everything under control." I shrug casually. Only my Cakey isn't surprised by my actions, knowing about my slight obsession. I don't like not being able to have control over things.

"You're unbelievable. Okay guys, do as our manager says." Coach orders with a laugh and the boys immediately comply while I turn to Miranda.

"You can give me your stuff too if you want." I offer with a smile.

"I don't want to bother you." She frowns worriedly. I only give her a reassuring grin, gesturing at my car pointedly.

"Give it up."

"I'll go with you, then." I only nod at her. She dismisses the girls from the cheer squad, reminding them to stretch and watch their food intake.

Blake presses a kiss to my head, taking my attention off the guys around us. "When will you be back?" He questions quietly, kissing my ear as he hugs me from behind.

"I don't know. An hour or two maybe. I just have to drop your stuff at the laundry and that's it."

"Okay." He smiles warmly, kissing me again. I hear the guys make gagging noise to mock our display of affection like always, but I only flip them the bird.

Miranda and I go to the laundry, chatting for the whole drive. Mira, as she likes to be called, is a pretty down-to-earth girl, much to my surprise. She knows what she wants in life and she does everything she can to reach her goals.

Despite how different we are, we get along pretty well and the time spent taking care of the guys' stuff is filled with chatter, jokes and laughter.

If someone told me two years ago that I would be in Los Angeles, laughing with a cheer captain while taking care of football team's laundry, I would call them crazy. It's funny how life works. After I met Blake, my world expanded. I slowly but surely started opening up to people and got out of the cage I built for myself.