Chapter 68

Lia

"Do you have to go?" Alan sighs sadly as dad and Ethan pack our bags into the car.

"I'm sorry, grandpa." I pull him in for a hug. "We'll come to visit whenever we can." I promise, getting a quiet sniffle from him.

"Please do. I'm going to miss you, baby girl."

"I'll miss you, too, grandpa." I squeeze him a bit tighter before releasing him and going to Joe and Tatiana.

"Stay safe, my child. – Tatiana says as she strokes my head tenderly – And come to visit often."

"I will." I manage to tell her before I'm pulled into Joe's arms. He also asks me to visit them a lot, which makes me laugh a little. They sure put a lot of emphasis on 'visiting' them.

I exchange hugs with everyone, even little Peter, who was really apprehensive of me at first. He puts his arms around my hips and snuggles into my stomach, mumbling something incoherently against it. I crouch in front of him and he immediately wraps his little arms around my neck and hides his face in the crook of it. "Will you come back, Lilli?" He asks quietly and I almost coo at his cuteness. Just few days ago he was deadly afraid of me and look at him now, hugging me sweetly in those tiny arms of his.

"I will, sweetie. Or you can ask your dad to bring you to Walford, or Chicago, or Berkeley..." I smile at him, patting his head gently. Peter gives me a toothy grin then rushes off to Ethan.

"Dad! Lilli said we can come to visit! – he gushes adorably – When can we go?" He jumps excitedly and we all chuckle at his enthusiasm as Ethan picks him up and sets him on his hip.

"That depends on when Lilli is free. – Ethan grins – We wouldn't want to bother her when she's busy, right?" He asks softly, getting a firm nod from Peter.

"Okay!"

"Come on guys or we'll miss the flight." Ryan laughs, waiting for us by the car.

"WAIT!" Peter shouts suddenly, squirming in Ethan's arms before running inside the house. He rushes back and comes up to me with a big teddy bear in his hands. "This is Eddie. I want you to have him... so you don't forget me." He looks up at me shyly, making me grin adoringly. He's so cute.

"Thank you, Peter." I smile gratefully, giving him a hug. He's such a sweetheart.

"You ready, guys? – Ryan calls out impatiently – We're going to be late."

"Calm down, cutie. We'll be okay." Mama grins at him, patting his ass teasingly. She's been quite open about her affection towards Ryan and it's immensely entertaining to watch him squirm. "Now get that cute butt in the car. I'm calling shotgun!" She rushes to the front seat, getting a panicked look from my cousin.

"Poor boy. She's not going to leave him alone." Dad chuckles amusedly.

"Serves him right for not having a girlfriend. He's almost thirty and I'm yet to see him with a woman." Tatiana huffs.

"Okay, we really need to leave now. – Blake says, pulling me into his side – It was a pleasure to meet you all."

"You too, honey. – Tatiana smiles warmly – Keep in touch, okay?"

"We will." I grin before going to the car. Blake and I are going with Aiden and my dad, while Sam and Jared are joining Mama and Ryan. They're in for a show. Poor Ryan.

Aiden and dad talk the whole way to the airport, while Blake and I cuddle in the backseat. After almost a week with my family, I can't wait to have some alone time with my Cakey. I've never liked crowds to begin with, so spending even a few days with so many people is tiresome to say the least. I just want to go home, take a long bath with Blake and go to sleep.