Chapter 30

Lia

This is a disaster. What was supposed to be a fun trip ended up a nightmare. Vicky is terrified and I think she's going to need professional help to get over what happened.

I called the guys that got injured into Blake and mine's room, since it's the biggest, then took care of their cuts and bruises. Thank god I have taken my med kit with me, cause the one Nick gave me earlier is not exactly useful. There's not even an ointment here!

"Ouch! That hurts!" Simon whines as I dab the antiseptic on the cut on his eyebrow. Such a baby.

"Then try to fucking sit still, moron." David berates him, sipping on his beer. The coach actually bought them some to release the tension. I was surprised when he didn't say anything about the guys getting in a fight, but I guess he can't really get mad at them for protecting their friend from a sexual harassment.

"Be happy it's Lia patching you up and not me." Coach taunts, cracking his knuckles mockingly.

Simon gulps nervously then turns to me. "Thanks, Li." He grins.

"No problem." I smile back at him, putting a band-aid on his cut. "How's Vicky?" I ask the coach. He went with her to the police station so she could give her testimony then brought her back while I was tending to the guys' injuries.

"She's... coping. She's really shaken up. I agreed to let her stay with the other girls in one room so she's not alone, but I think she'll need to talk to a counselor once we're back."

I only hum in agreement. "What about those guys that harassed her?"

"The one that tried to drag her away will definitely face time in jail. He was high and drunk at the same time and he sexually harassed a girl. The officer said it could be ruled as attempted rape so the fucker can spend a few years behind bars."

"Fucking son of a bitch." I hear some guys mutter angrily. I glance at Blake, who's been staying quiet for the whole time.

Almost as if he can feel my gaze, he raises his head and gives me a shaky smile that doesn't reach his eyes before leaning his arms back on his knees, staring at the floor.

Once I'm done with the guys, they retreat to their own rooms, leaving only me, Blake, David and Coach inside. My man and I sit on the couch while the coach and Dave take the other. He sheds his calm mask and finally lets us see the broken look on his face. "This shit should've never happened. – he grumbles with a heavy sigh – This is horrible."

"What's wrong coach?" David asks worriedly when he catches the coach's grave expression.

"Ms Nelson needs to stay in LA for a few days and I agreed to stay here with her. That's why I need to ask you to take care of the others for me. Dave, you're the captain, make sure the team is alright. Lia, I need you to watch over the boys for a while, including the training and everything. I'll see if there's any way we could come back earlier, but the cops said it might be a bit hard to do that. They have to do the tests on those guys, since they were clearly under an influence of something, wait for the results, and then get their testimonies while they're sober, then you know, deal with this whole thing. I know that I'm asking for a lot, but I know you're the best person to manage the team while I can't."

I give him a reassuring smile. "It's fine. You can count on me."

Coach seems to be relieved to hear that, sighing heavily. Dave also agrees readily to coach's request. The four of us – or rather three, since Blake's still quiet – talk about everything for about an hour more before the coach and Dave leave.

That's when I decide to talk to Blake.

We take quick showers then lie down in the bed, facing each other with my head on one of Blake's arms and his other one wrapped around my waist. I stay quiet, knowing better than to push him, but I won't lie and say I'm not worried about how withdrawn he is, but I know he'll tell me what's bothering him eventually. We don't keep anything from each other. I trust Blake and he trusts me.