Chapter 64

Tyson

Sam, Jared and I are staying in the hospital with Blake while my little mouse went back with the others. I know it won't be long before she's back. She won't be able to stay away from Blake while he's hurt. She loves him.

My little mouse grew up so fast...

I can see that both Sam and Jared were shaken up by Blake's accident, but thankfully they remained cool-headed and calm while dealing with everything. I guess that since Sam is a doctor herself, she's not easily bothered by such things.

"I wonder what happened... Where did those stones come from? Who would do such a thing?" Jared wonders out loud as we sit in the hallway outside Blake's room. Sam is staying inside with her son.

"I don't know, but we can expect to hear all about it from Lia when she comes back. I don't believe she will let this slide easily." I chuckle when I think about what my little mouse will do to whoever dared hurt her man.

"She's gonna be mad, that's for sure. – Jared sighs – I hope she won't do anything rash, though. She might get arrested again." He frowns worriedly. I only nod in agreement. Over the last months, my little mouse was arrested twice already for beating people up. Blake bailed her out both times, so there was no problem, but I'm worried that this time it might not end this easily. I don't think my little mouse will manage to keep her nerves at bay and not kill whoever hurt Blake.

It's shocking how accepting and understanding Jared and Sam have been of my girl. I didn't expect them to take it all so well. From what my little mouse told me, they were shocked when they heard about Lia's fighting, but they weren't mad. Even more, they seemed to appreciate it. I don't know why, though. Usually, people don't like to hear that their future daughter-in-law fights illegally.

I'm glad they didn't judge my little mouse, though. Lia really loves Blake a lot and it would definitely hurt her to lose him over that.

"You're back already?" I'm pulled from my thoughts by Jared surprised voice. I turn my head, only to see my little mouse walking silently towards us. I frown at the distant calculating look in her eyes. Something is wrong.

"Yeah. – Lia mutters – How is he?"

"He's doing good. Sam is inside, she can tell you more. I'm not a doctor so I don't understand all that medical jargon." Jared gestures at the door, getting a short nod from my little mouse before she walks inside.

"She's not looking well." Jared comments with a heavy sigh.

"She knows who did this."

"How do you know?" He implores in shock.

"I could tell just by looking at her. She knows who did this and she's already planning her revenge."

"I don't know whether to be happy that she cares about our son so much or to be worried that she's so vengeful." Jared sighs deeply as he shakes his head.

"Don't ask me. She's my little daughter and I will always take her side." We both chuckle quietly at this, getting a confused look from Sam as she walks out of Blake's room.

"What's so funny?"She asks suspiciously.

"It's nothing, honey. – Jared pulls her to sit beside him – How is our son doing?"

"He's still asleep, but it won't be long before he wakes up. But I'm worried about his concussion and the hemorrhage. There's no sign of bleeding yet, but there's still a risk of an intracranial hemorrhage."

"Honey, we don't speak medical."

Sam sighs quietly. "Intracranial hemorrhage is a professional term for bleeding in skull. It's not that common, but there are many factors that can cause it and trauma is one of them. And considering the force of the hit... it's possible that there will be bleeding."