Chapter 14

Blake

The guys and I are watching the movie, but my mind is somewhere else. I'm still thinking about that note. It bothers me more than I'm willing to admit. Someone came here, while I was fucking asleep and drunk! Anything could happen and I wouldn't even know!!! What if someone got to her at the campus? What if she had an accident? What if... I don't even want to think about it. I feel like a fucking failure!

I'm never drinking again. Ever. I'm not risking my girl's safety just to have some fun with friends.

Lia shouldn't have to deal with this shit alone. She has so much on her shoulders that it's no wonder she fell asleep. She must've been really tired after staying up all night and then going to classes. It's been almost 2 hours since I carried her to bed.

Suddenly we hear an anguished scream.

And it's coming from the bedroom.

"SHIT!" I don't waste a second, rushing off the couch and running to the bedroom. My friends follow after me, most likely worried about their friend. When I reach the room, I'm met by the sight of my girl shaking terribly, sobbing loudly in her sleep and crying out 'no, please, no' over and over again.

I rush to her, sitting on the bed next to her and pulling her into my arms. I set her on my lap, wrapping my arms tightly around her as she trembles, crying into my chest.

"Shh, kitten. It's okay, I'm here now." I quietly whisper into her ear, rubbing her back under the shirt and kissing her head. I don't care about the guys watching or Lia not having any pants on. Comforting my girl is more important.

After a while, Lia's cries turn to hiccups and she sleepily puts her arms around me, burying her face in the crook of my neck. I kiss her shoulder, tightening my embrace, rocking us slightly.

"Is she okay?" James asks quietly. I can clearly hear the concern in his voice.

"She will be."

The guys only nod before leaving the room and I concentrate on my girl. My poor baby. Her nightmares have gotten much worse lately, especially after meeting Razor and finding out about that... scumbag looking for her.

It takes a while for Lia to calm down and fall back asleep, but I'm still not convinced she's okay. So I do the only reasonable thing.

I take her with me to the living room. I'm not leaving her alone even though I know I'm about to be bombarded with questions.

"How is she?" David asks worriedly, staring at my girl's sleeping form as I carry her bridal style to the room.

"Asleep. Sorry, but I'm keeping her with me. I'm not risking it." I tell them quietly to not wake my kitten up.

"It's fine. It's your place." They shrug.

I lay Lia on the couch then sit down, placing her head on my thighs before taking the blanket from the couch's arm and covering Lia with it. Guys don't say anything, just watch silently.

I keep stroking my kitten's head as we talk about our further actions and the upcoming championships. Coach will freaking torture us now. Guess I'll be coming home late in the nearest future.

We're pulled from our talk by the doorbell. I glance at my girl worriedly. I don't want to wake her up.

"I'll get it if you want. She looks so comfortable." David offers, smiling at Lia's sleeping form warmly.

"Thanks." I nod at him gratefully.

David comes back after a minute, carrying a bouquet of red roses with a confused frown. "Flower delivery." He lays the flowers on the coffee table.