Chapter 40

Blake

That sick son of a bitch. How I fucking want to pummel his face into the ground!

"Little mouse, what's on your mind?" I hear Tyson ask from the driver's seat as he drives my car back to Berkeley. I sit in the back with Lia snuggled into my side, trailing unintelligible patterns over my stomach under the shirt.

"Declan. – Lia sighs – He gave in too easily. I expected him to fight at least, but I got him disarmed way too quickly. It's suspicious."

"Maybe he didn't want to hurt you? You once said he'd never hit you." I offer, feeling slightly confused about that dickhead's strange behavior.

"That was before. – Lia counters – He's not like that anymore. He actually tried to hit me earlier, saying that me revealing my identity at the Ring complicated everything for him and Patrick. He was so angry..." She breathes out a heavy sigh, seemingly too tired to bother with Declan's shit.

"And that was his mistake. How could he even think that he could fight none other than you, the famous Ghost?"

"Blake's right. That little dickhead made the worst mistake. No one messes with my baby and gets away with it." Tyson states seriously.

And I agree with him. No one messes with my girl. She's not a scared little girl anymore, she's a fierce young woman that will do everything it takes to ensure her and her loved ones' safety.

"What did Gunner say when you called him?" Lia asks curiously after a while.

"He only said he'll open up the secret room." Tyson smirks through the mirror.

"Good. I don't want anyone to hear Declan's screams when I question him." I turn to my girl in shock. She wants to question him?

"I sure hope you're not thinking about doing it alone." I frown at her.

"You want to join?"

"Of course I do." I'm not leaving her alone with that shithead. Who knows what can happen.

"Oh, okay." She nods, leaning her head against my chest. I put my hand under her thick hoodie and gently rub her back the way I know soothes her.

We reach the clubhouse in less than an hour and when we get there, we see Aiden and Ashton drag struggling Declan inside. The dickhead must've woken up sometime during the drive.

Lia ignores Declan's screams for her as he yells that she's going to get what she deserves, how he'll fuck her senseless when Patrick finally gets her and how he'll enjoy every part of it.

Lia may be unperturbed by his words, but I'm not.

I let go of my girl's hand and storm towards the dickhead, punching him in the face as soon as I'm close enough. "You better shut this fucking mouth before I do it for you!" I knock him over and start brutally beating him up.

"How fucking dare you! I will kill you, you sick fuck! And then I'm gonna kill your bitch of an uncle!" I snarl between hits before I'm pulled off him by Tyson.

"You're gonna kill him, son. Don't let him get to you. Not yet."

"Did you fucking hear what he said?!" I sneer at him, boiling in anger.

"I did. And I want to kill him as much as you do. But we got to learn what he knows." He calmly states, keeping me still as Lia's brothers take Declan away.

I can barely keep my fury in check and he's so level-headed about this. It takes me a moment to calm down, but I still feel like I'm going to combust from anger. That son of a bitch just threatened to rape my girl! He fucking admitted to trying to take her just to hurt her!