Chapter 63

Lia

I can't even express how grateful I am for my having my dad here. He's the best moral support I can get. He always knows if there's something wrong with me before I can even say anything.

I stay in my dad's arms, just taking in his woodsy scent that has been my source of comfort for years. Dad doesn't say anything, knowing that there's no need for words. He just strokes my hair softly and holds me in his arms, letting me calm down on my own.

When a particularly cold gust of wind brushes over us, I decide to go back inside. I may be wearing a thick hoodie, but my dad only has a long-sleeved shirt on and I'm worried he'll get sick.

With my hand in dad's, we walk back inside the house, where we're met by my worried Cakey and the rest of the family. I send my sweet man a small smile and walk towards him, sitting beside him on the couch. Dad takes a seat on my other side and just like that I'm sandwiched between two most important people in my life.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Alan asks worriedly when I lean against my Cakey's side tiredly.

"I will be." I tell him.

"You don't look good, sis." Aiden comments, frowning slightly at me.

"Gee, thanks." I chuckle dryly.

"How about we go to bed, hmm?" Blake whispers into my ear, rubbing my waist under the hoodie.

"I'm not sleepy anymore." I sigh, snuggling into him. I'm only tired emotionally, to be honest, and I don't think I'd be able to fall asleep now.

After a while, my aunts take Anna, mom and Maria to make supper, saying that the ladies need to spend some time together. I sit between my Cakey's legs, leaning against his chest as the men talk about god-knows-what. I'm not interested in whatever they're saying, I just concentrate on my Cakey's warmth on my back as I play with his hands distractedly. He doesn't seem to be bothered by what I'm doing and casually talks with my grandparents, uncles and cousins, occasionally pressing small kisses on my neck or head.

I love that he's always so affectionate.

I'm barely awake by the time the supper's ready and I can tell for sure the ladies had fun in the kitchen considering their cheerful grins and constant giggling. I'm surprised to see Anna and Maria talking casually, but I'm glad they're at least not ripping each other's head off. I don't think I want to deal with anything more tonight.

During the whole supper I feel Alan's stare on me. Since there's not much room at the table, I end up sitting on Blake's lap, just like Olivia on Harry's, Lilith on Gavin's and Peter on Ethan's.

"Dad, where are you guys staying?" I question once we've all eaten.

"We got rooms booked at a hotel downtown." Dad smiles.

"You can all stay here, there are free rooms on the second floor." Joe offers.

"Oh no, we don't want to impose." Sam refuses politely. "But thank you."

"You won't impose, hon. – Tatiana smiles warmly – It'll be an honor to have you here with us."

Sam turns to Jared questioningly, but he only shrugs, leaving the decision to her. Like father, like son, huh? Blake is exactly the same.

"Please, you're family. We'd really appreciate it if you stayed here. It's not fair to make you pay for a hotel after inviting you all here." Joe presses, getting a quiet sigh from Sam as she nods in agreement. Dad and Maria also agree to stay here and thank Joe and Tatiana for the hospitality.