Chapter 51

Lia

The guys stare at me in stunned silence, quietly digesting what I just told them.

"You mean... the guy that... that did that to your back...that he did this to you?" James shakily says after a while. I don't miss how his chin trembles and eyes water as he tries not to cry.

"Yeah. The whole interrogation thing was a set-up. The cops never tried to get the team involved in any investigation. – I tell them – I think it was the cop working with that asshole that arranged it all."

"Holy fuck... I shouldn't have told Blake about that call. If I hadn't told him, you wouldn't have gotten hurt." David bemoans, roughly tugging at his hair.

"Hey, don't say that. – I admonish – It's a good thing you told Blake. That way we were prepared. Had I gotten a sudden call from the cops, it could've ended even worse."

"I'm so sorry it happened to you..."

"No need. I'm fine now. Sure, I'd rather have my arm fully functional, but a few bruises are a small price for being freed from my past. And it's adorable to watch Blake fuss over me, so I don't think I pulled the short straw here." I grin cheerfully, wiggling my brows suggestively.

"You're quite bold, you know. Are you not afraid to say that with your dad nearby?" James chuckles.

"He knows everything. And I mean everything." I smirk, enjoying the dumbfounded looks on the guys' faces as they glance towards the kitchen, where my dad took Justin.

"Daaamn... your dad is cool! Can he adopt me too?" I laugh at Simon's sudden exclamation. He's right, though. My dad is cool. He's the coolest dad ever.

"Don't know, you should ask him that."

Before Simon can say more, a sound of rushed footsteps resounds through the room as Blake storms up the stairs with my brothers right on his tail.

"Blake! Don't you fucking dare!" Aiden gets in front of my Cakey, stopping him from leaving. He pushes him back slightly with his hand, giving him a serious look.

"Get out of my way!" Blake sneers at my brother, trying to go past him. I've never seen him this angry. Maybe once, after he heard about what those four fuckers did months ago, but since then – never.

"What's going on?" I demand, limping towards them. My ankle has been hurting for some time now, but I didn't want to show my Cakey I was in pain, knowing he'd just worry more.

"Lia, tell him something. He's just going to get in trouble!" Ashton pleads, blocking Blake's way. I see dad and Justin come out of the kitchen, watching the whole thing curiously.

"Blake, what's wrong?" I ask him quietly, standing in front of him with my good arm wrapped around his waist. I know he won't try to hurt me, so I'm not afraid to put myself in his way.

"Kitten, don't try to stop me. That asshole needs to pay!" He pants in anger.

"Who?"

"We found Mark. And once we told Blake where he is, he immediately tried to get the fucker. Lia, stop him, he'll get himself killed if he goes alone!" Aiden explains, staring at me pleadingly.

"And where is he?" I demand.

"He's at some shady club in San Francisco. I heard from my friend in PD that the place is some gang's hangout. But Blake can't just barge in there guns blazing!" Ashton tells me with a worried frown and I feel my blood boil. That son of a bitch!!! He hurt me and then goes clubbing?! I'll make him fucking see what it means to mess with me. I'm not called Scarlet Beast for nothing. That old asshole will only taste his own blood once I'm done with him.