Chapter 67

Lia

I stayed with Blake in the hospital for the whole three days. Well, almost the whole three days. On my second night there, Ryan came by and literally fireman-carried me to his car before he drove me back to Joe's house, saying I have to get some real rest instead of a nap on a sofa.

He's still groaning in pain with every move he makes because of that. As he carried me on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, I kept hitting his back, so now it's all bruised up.

He shouldn't have taken me away from my Cakey. Serves him right.

"Oh, good morning sweetie." Alan greets cheerfully from his seat at the table as he reads some newspaper.

"Morning." I greet back groggily, still half-asleep. Last night was rough, to say the least. I kept waking up to check up on my Cakey. He left the hospital yesterday and without a heart-rate monitor I couldn't really know if there's anything wrong with him. So I woke up every hour and checked his breathing and pulse. Due to his medications, he remained asleep the whole time, for which I was glad. He needs the rest to recover.

"Are you alright? You look quite pale..." Ethan asks worriedly as I sit at the table beside Aiden.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just sleepy." I mumble tiredly, putting some pancakes and strawberries on my plate. The whole table is filled with a variety of foods, but I have a taste for something sweet today.

"How's Blake doing?" Mama questions curiously.

"He seems fine. I'll go wake him up later and get him breakfast."

"That's good to hear. I know you've been worried about him." Mama smiles warmly at me.

"Of course I have." I smile back.

"Young love. So adorable." Tatiana sighs dreamily, making everyone chuckle. "You're the only reliable child here. Those boys don't even think about getting in relationship. We want great-grandbabies!" She complains, glaring at the guys. I almost burst out laughing at their faces.

"Don't count on me. – I raise my hands defensively – I'm not popping kids anytime soon."

"Of course you're not. – dad deadpans – It's bad enough that you want to get married so soon. I'm not ready to be a grandpa." He tells me seriously.

"And I'm not ready to be a mother."

"Heard that boys? – Tatiana chimes in – You better find some nice ladies, cause I want to see babies in this house before I kick the bucket." She points her finger at them threateningly.

"And once you find the girls, I'm going to test them." I smile sweetly, batting my lashes at them innocently. Revenge for harassing my Cakey.

"Oh god, we're screwed." Aiden bemoans dramatically, getting a shove from me.

"You shouldn't have harassed my man then." I smirk smugly. "You tried to intimidate my Cakey, so it's only right I do the same to your girlfriends."

"Oh boy." Ryan gulps nervously when he the look on my face.

"You boys are in big trouble. – Mom laughs – Lia won't give it up, you know." She winks at me. She knows me so well.

I ignore the guys chattering as I finish up my breakfast then get a tray from the kitchen and fill up a plate for Blake. I get him some sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and toasts, since I know my Cakey likes it, then get a glass of apple juice and take the tray upstairs to our room.

Opening the door with my elbow, I walk inside and set the tray on the dresser before walking over to the bed, where my sweet Cakey is still sleeping. He's lying on his stomach with his arm hugging my pillow, wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants. I couldn't convince him to put on a shirt last night.