Chapter 42

Blake

I stare at my sleeping kitten with a small smile on my face. She's so... serene when she sleeps. That's unless she has a nightmare of course. But lately she's been having less and less of those. And after killing Declan, she's been sleeping even better.

She is literally slaying her demons. One by one, she gets rid of everything that has ever caused her pain.

And it's amazing to watch. I've seen her struggle for so long and now she is finally getting better.

"Creep." I chuckle at my kitten's sleepy mumble.

"Only for you." I lean to press a kiss to her head, getting a content sigh from her. I watch amused as she slowly opens her eyes, wincing when she moves to get up.

"Damn you! I'm so fucking sore I can barely move." She grumbles, almost making me laugh. I know I shouldn't be happy she's in pain, but it boosts my ego like nothing else to hear her say she's sore after having sex with me. We moved to our new house yesterday and I thought it would be a great idea to christen our bedroom. But we might've been a bit too wild, not that I'm complaining.

"It's not funny! – she whines – Get up and draw me a bath. You're the one that did this to me so take responsibility." She mumbles cutely and I can't help but chuckle at her. Sleepy grumpy kitten is adorable kitten.

"As my lady wishes." I kiss her quickly then get off the bed, getting a slap on my ass from Lia. "Don't start what you can't finish, babe." I smirk over my shoulder, getting only an annoyed groan in response.

"Then don't put your ass on display for me."

I shake my head at her, but take some boxers from the drawer nonetheless. I don't want to tease my kitten too bad in case she decides to get revenge. She's quite cruel when she wants to be and I'm not looking forward to being banned to the couch.

As the tub fills up, I search the cabinet for Lia's favorite rose oil, intending to get a looong bath with my girl. There's just something about bathing with my kitten that feels even more intimate than just sex. I don't know if it's about us being vulnerable and completely open with each other, or just having her in my arms as I take care of her. I just know that it's one of my favorite moments with her. Sure, the sex is great, but this is different.

Once the bath is ready, I go back to our newly furnished bedroom, where I'm met by the sight of Lia sitting cross-legged on the bed, in nothing but a pair of panties she must've put on while I was out. She's talking to someone on the phone, not even minding that I'm right here, shamelessly ogling her naked body.

"I'll see what I can do about that. If you want, we can talk about this after the practice. I don't think it's a good idea to tell the guys just yet. A distraction is the last thing they need right before the game. ... Okay. ... If you want, I can talk to Justin. ... Yeah, the Trojans' captain. He'll probably know something about it. I hope he does, at least. ... Sure, no problem. ... See you later." I frown at some things she's saying, but I don't ask, knowing she'll tell me anyway.

"Bath's ready." I smile at her, but she only raises a finger as if to say 'one moment'.

"Hey Justin. I got a favor. ... Okay, then. Can you talk to your team and ask them if they maybe remember one of our guys taking something? ... Drugs, hash, steroids, anything. – I scowl at this – You sure?! ... Do you have it? ... Shit! ... I know, I got a call from the coach a moment ago so I decided to ask if you maybe know anything. ... Okay, thanks. ... I can't ask you to fucking fly here, are you stupid? ... Fiiine, I guess I can agree with that. ... Okay, see you." As I listen to Lia's side of the conversation, I get an unsettling feeling that something bad has happened.