Chapter 60

Ethan

We couldn't help but coo at the girls' cuteness as they trudged to the 'den' downstairs. I can easily say none of us expected Lia to be so open and playful so soon, but it's endearing to watch.

It doesn't take long for the guys to walk up the stairs and I barely stop myself from laughing at their defeated expressions. Only Blake and Ryan look amused for some reason, but the others look like someone fed them lemons.

"Wow, looks like the raid was successful." I joke, chuckling at the scowls on the boys' faces.

"You've got no idea, dad." Ryan laughs, shaking his head. I catch Blake shake as he tries to contain his laughter. What the hell happened down there?

"I honestly have to admit, I didn't expect you to give up your den. The girls must've been pretty convincing." Dad chuckles, sipping on his tea to hide his smirk.

For some bizarre reason, dad's words amuse all the boys as they laugh boisterously, glancing at Ryan pointedly. "What? What's so funny?" Harry asks amusedly, getting even a louder laughter from the boys as they settle around on the couch and the floor.

Blake is the first to sober up. "Let's just say that Lia used her most effective method of persuasion." He smirks at Ryan, who only chuckles as he rubs his neck. What did she do?

"And what's that exactly?" Frank implores curiously.

"Chokehold." Ryan laughs. "She got me in a damn chokehold."

We all burst out laughing at this. Wow, our sweet niece is something else entirely. "You poor child..." Joe sighs in amusement.

"Yeah, it was funny to watch him struggle, but I have a weird feeling it wasn't the first time our sister used force to get what she wanted..." Aiden glances at Blake questioningly.

"It wasn't." Lia's fiancé laughs.

"Really?" I raise my brow, intrigued. Is it a normal occurrence between him and Lia?

"Yeah. She did the same exact thing to a biker Prez when she wanted to go shopping with the girls. He wasn't happy about the idea, but it wasn't like he could resist my girl for long." Blake smiles fondly at the memory.

"Wow, she did that to a biker?!" Ryder exclaims in shock, but Blake only shrugs at him casually.

"What can I say? She's amazing." He sighs dreamily. As much as I was suspicious about him and Lia being engaged so young, I no longer have any doubts after seeing them both and hearing what they've gone through.

He's definitely the right person for our little niece.

As we sit in the living room, talking with the boys while our women prepare dinner, loud laughter resounds through the house, coming from no other than the den when the girls are.

"They sure are having fun." Luke chuckles as the girls laugh again.

"Yeah. But it's nice to hear them so cheerful. – Joe comments, sighing wistfully – Our little Livie and Lilith finally have someone to spend time with." He smiles.

I get what he means. There are no girls in our family, apart from those two, and it must've been hard for them to be around guys all the time.

For some reason, it's very rare for a girl to be born in our family. My father had four brothers and no sisters, which is why he doted on Anna so much. She was the first girl in the family and everyone spoiled her rotten. Even my brothers and I were a part of that, coddling and spoiling our baby sister like crazy.