Chapter 69

Blake

My kitten stays asleep until late afternoon, just resting after the eventful week in Atlanta. I know how hard it was for her to be thrown into all that drama with her family. She doesn't like being in the center of attention, so it was pretty overwhelming for her. Not to mention the whole drama with Scott and me getting hit in the head. My poor kitten was really worried about that.

"What are you doing?" I hear Lia's sleepy voice as I make coffee. She walks in the kitchen in nothing but one of my t-shirts, with her wet hair roughly pulled into a messy bun on top of her head. How is it that even wearing the simplest things and looking completely disheveled she still looks gorgeous?

"Hey, kitten. – I smile at her – I'm making coffee, want some?"

"Yeah..." She mumbles, coming up to me and wrapping her arms around me from behind before pressing a kiss to my back. "How are you feeling? Are you okay?" She asks worriedly, running her hands over my bare stomach. My little worrywart.

"I'm fine baby. – I caress her hand – But if you want, you can see for yourself."

My kitten walks around me and gently takes off the tape holding the gauze in place and inspects the stitches before taping the gauze back. "Looks good. You're really healing well." She says in surprise.

"It's because I have you, kitten." I grin cheekily, stealing a kiss from her.

"You're so corny." She laughs.

"Only for you." I give her a quick kiss then carefully pick her up and sit her on the counter, standing between her legs, before handing her the mug with her drink. I give her some sugar and cream, knowing exactly how she likes her coffee.

We drink our coffees in silence, just enjoying the short moment of peace. I trail my fingers idly over Lia's thigh while her hand traces patterns over my arm. I love how we always touch each other; it's like Lia is a magnet that pulls me in. I just can't get enough of her.

"There are some eggs in the fridge, so if you're hungry, I can make you an omelet. Then we should make a trip to the store."

"I'm not that hungry yet. I can get some muesli bar and we can go. I just need to dry my hair." Lia says quietly.

"Okay, then." I press a kiss to her forehead. There's no use arguing with my kitten. She knows what she needs.

Once my girl is finished with her coffee, I take her mug and put it in the sink then gently pick her up, careful to not hurt her back, and carry her to the bathroom. I sit her on the counter, making her giggle quietly, then grab her hairdryer from the cabinet and plug it in.

"What's so funny?" I decide to ask when I see the amused look on Lia's face.

"You're treating me like a doll. I can do this myself, you know." She laughs.

"I know you can. But I like taking care of you. You've been watching over me for days, both at the hospital and at Joe's house, so I want to pamper you as much as I can." I pull her in for a kiss then carefully untangle her hair and brush through it before I blow-dry it. Lia keeps giggling as I work on her hair, seeming utterly amused. Since my sweet kitten is facing me, I have to depend on the mirror to see the progress, but I don't mind even a bit. It gives me an opportunity to kiss my sweetheart as much as I want.

Once I'm done, I help Lia get off the counter before she turns around, wordlessly demanding that I do her hair. I only chuckle at her quietly then brush through her long tresses and put them into two French braids. "You like?"

"As always. Now we can go shopping." She grins, skipping to the bedroom to dress up. She throws a long-sleeved shirt at me then casually takes off her own, making me groan at the sight of her naked body, covered only in a set of lacy underwear. Good god, there's nothing more sexy than Lia in lace. Well, maybe Lia in leather...