Chapter 45

Tyson

I sit beside the bed my little mouse is lying on, gently holing her hand as I wait for her to wake up.

After Caroline checked her up, I carried my little girl to her bedroom so she can be more comfortable and Caroline connected her to an IV. It's been four days now since my girl was found and she's been asleep the whole time.

I shouldn't have let her leave. I should've known better than to let her be on her own. I will never forgive myself for this.

I could tell that Blake wanted to be the one that stays here, but I don't want to leave my little mouse. I've been staying with her all the time, just sitting right beside her. She needs to wake up. She can't give up. She's my little fighter.

I feel Lia's hand twitch slightly in mine after a while. "Baby? Little mouse, can you hear me?" I frantically ask, reaching out to her face to gently cup her cheek. But the only response I get is a pained whimper.

She's having a nightmare.

I do what I used to always do when it happened and get in the bed with my little girl, carefully pulling her to my chest. I know many people would frown upon seeing me lie in bed with my daughter, but I don't fucking care. She's having a bad dream and I'm not letting her fight it on her own. With one of my arms under her neck and the other around her waist, I cradle my little baby to my body, whispering soothing words into her ear.

"I'm here, little mouse. Daddy's here. You're safe now."

It takes mere minutes for Lia to calm down and stop shaking, but I still don't release her from my embrace. This is where she belongs – safe and sound, with me.

As I lie on my side with Lia, I listen to the loud arguing in the living room. Blake is literally ripping Anna a new one. She's been trying to see my little mouse ever since her sons brought her here, but neither Blake nor I let her do that. She has no right to demand anything after selling Lia out to those guys.

Yes, she fucking sold her out.

After Aiden and his brothers came back here, I got in a big fight with Anna, demanding explanation to why she was in the kids' apartment.

And what she told us almost made me break my own rules and beat her up.

She said the cop that got her threatened to arrest her for her late husband's shady business unless she tells him where to find Lia.

And she fucking did. She gave up her daughter's location to the son of a bitch who she knew goddamn well would hurt her! How fucking selfish can she be?! And then she has the audacity to act worried after hearing what happened to my little mouse!

Well, I don't fucking buy it!

She can't just pretend like what happened to Lia wasn't because of her. She literally told those assholes where to find my little girl and listened to them hurt her for hours without doing anything about it.

And one may say – 'what was she supposed to do when she was tied up', but it's not the whole truth. Anna said the cop only gagged her when that asshole Patrick decided to hurt my baby. So she had hours to do something! She could've screamed, she could've called for help! There are people living right next door that could hear her! But she just stayed quiet as those two fuckers beat Lia up half to death!

Just the thought of that woman pisses me off.

"Dad?" I hear a quiet whisper.

"Hey baby. – I smile at my little girl – Are you feeling better? Should I get you anything?" I gently brush her hair away from her face.