Chapter 58

Long chapter ahead! 😘

Blake

For some reason, my kitten couldn't sleep well last night. I think it has something to do with her panic attack earlier, but maybe it's simply because of being in a foreign place...

We both woke up early in the morning and went for a walk outside, just enjoying our time alone without all the drama connected to Lia's family. Yesterday was really hectic, with all the new people, Anna's bullshit and even Lia's cousins finding out about her injuries. It took a big toll on her.

"So, what's the plan for today, lovebirds?" Aiden asks casually as he sips on his coffee. After Lia and I came back earlier, Joe and Tatiana invited us for breakfast with everyone. It's pretty crowded with the whole family at one table, but I could tell my girl no longer feels as nervous as yesterday.

"I don't know. We haven't really expected to stay here..." Lia shrugs with a sigh, playing with my hand on her thigh distractedly.

"I think we should discuss what we saw yesterday..." Ryan says seriously, giving us a hard stare.

"What you saw?" Alan implores suspiciously, glancing between Ryan and us. "Ryan, what is it?"

"Yesterday, Lia showed us the wounds she got after Anna sold her out. I think we need to address this, grandpa." Lia's oldest cousin takes out his phone, placing it face-down on the table.

"I don't want to be here for this." Lia murmurs quietly as she gets up from her seat. "Can you tell them everything? I don't want to go into this again..." She pleads, wrapping her arms around my neck from behind as she whispers into my ear.

"Of course I can. Will you be okay?" I gently rub her arm, looking at her worriedly.

"Yeah. I just don't want to listen to this." She presses a quick kiss to my lips before walking away with a sigh.

"Lia?" Alan tries to stop her, but she only shakes her head with an apologetic smile then leaves the room.

"Leave her. – I tell him – If she doesn't want to relive this again, then don't make her."

"Relive what?" Anna questions, making me glare at her in pure hatred.

"What you've done to her. – I sneer – And don't even fucking try denying it. You're the one to blame for her state, whether you like it or not."

"How dare you talk me like this?!" She shoots up from her chair, slamming her hands on the table angrily. Try me, bitch!

"I'll talk to you however the fuck I want, Anna. You don't deserve even an ounce of respect after what you did." I grit out, folding my arms over my chest.

"And what did I do?! I just tried to save myself!" The audacity of this bitch!

"Exactly, mom. – Aiden mutters – You tried to save yourself instead of protecting your daughter. You have no idea how much pain your actions caused Lia, you haven't seen the lashes on her back, the bruises on her body..." He drops his head with a heavy sigh, clenching his fists tightly.

All the grown-ups seem equally shocked and disturbed by what they're hearing, staring inquisitively at Aiden to get some explanation. I catch some of them send the younger kids away, only leaving Ryan, Lia's brothers, Gavin, Zach and the twins behind. I'm a little surprised they don't include Silas, Nolan or Ryder, given that they've also seen Lia's wounds, but I know better than to say anything. It's their family matter, they're going to deal with it however they see fit.

"Annalise... - Alan starts gravely - Sit down." He orders, giving Anna a deadly stare when she seems ready to argue.

"Blake, can you tell us what exactly happened between Lia and Anna?" Everyone turns to me imploringly at Alan's request.