Chapter 12

David

"David. Wake up." I feel a small hand shake my shoulder as soft voice cajoles me to wake up. With a tired groan, I open my eyes, only to be met with Lia's brown ones. Oh, right, I asked her to wake me up for classes.

"Good morning. Breakfast's ready." She smiles warmly, patting my shoulder before leaving.

Getting up, I stretch, forcing my muscles to start functioning. With a glance at my phone, I see it's a little past eight, meaning I have almost 2 hours before my first lecture.

Going to the kitchen, I find Lia pouring coffee into two mugs, setting them on the island. "Come on, you should eat while it's hot." She calls me over and I can't stop myself from smiling. What a woman.

"If you want I can drop you off at the dorm so you can change. Unless you want something of Blake's." She says as we eat. I almost groan at the taste of the food. Holy crap, she's an amazing cook.

"This is delicious. And I would really appreciate a ride to the dorm. I don't think Blake would like me borrowing his clothes." I chuckle.

"No problem. I can drive you." She replies, drinking her coffee.

Despite Lia being Blake's fiancée, I really like her. She's extremely comfortable to be around and would never look too far into our friendship. She's the kind of woman that stays loyal to the people she cares about no matter what. And I admire her for that.

Once we're done eating, Lia takes care of the dishes while I drink my coffee, then I watch as she pours water into three glasses, adding freshly-squeezed lemon juice. She takes few Advils and puts them on small plates, along with some sandwiches then puts the plates and glasses on a tray.

I stare amazed as she goes to the living room and sets the tray on the coffee table. She hesitates for a moment before pulling the table away from the couch where my brother and James are lying. "You don't think they'll fall off the couch, right?" She turns to me with a worried frown.

"When Sim sees that he's cuddling with James, he'll shove him off the couch so far, he'll end up on the wall." I joke. Lia bites her lip in thought for a moment then pulls the table even further away.

"This should be good." She nods to herself before coming back for the second tray and taking it to the bedroom.

Amazing woman. Even after having to deal with drunken guys all night, she still has it in her to take care of them in the morning.

"I'll just get ready and we can go." Lia tells me as she walks back to the kitchen, finishing her coffee. "The traffic at this hour is pretty bad so we should leave as soon as we can. What time do you finish?"

"Two. Why?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"I have to do some grocery shopping and I might need help. As you know, Blake is completely indisposed." I chuckle at that, nodding in agreement. She and Blake let us sleep over to save us from our coach and helping with groceries is not that much of a price to pay.

"I'll gladly help. You did so much for us lately." I give her a grin, motioning at the two drunkards on her couch.

"Thanks. I'll be right back." She smiles then goes back to the bedroom.

Once I finish my coffee, I go to the study, where I get dressed. How the hell Lia was so comfortable with me being half naked is beyond me. Of course, I wouldn't sit with her in only my underwear, so it's not like I was indecent, but I still had only jeans on and not once has she shown that she's uncomfortable. Actually, she also wasn't wearing much – just some shorts and a tank top.