Chapter 39

Blake

Aiden and I are setting up the gym in my and Lia's new house while Tyson and Ashton are assembling the furniture upstairs. I wish I could do it myself, but I'm not exactly skilled in the art of DIY.

Lia is the artsy one of us two.

Luckily, I managed to order the gym equipment and have it delivered here in merely a few days. It cost me a bit more, but it's worth it if it helps us move in here sooner.

"Does Lilli know that you're setting up a gym for her?" Aiden teases after a while.

"Of course she does. It's not like I tried to hide it. – I chuckle - The house is thirty minutes away from both San Francisco and Berkeley, so it's not like we can drive back and forth just to work out. And the basement's big enough to fit everything we need." I explain as I assemble the rack for strength and weight training. Aiden is working on the smith machine, putting up all the weights I got.

"Boy, this is some high quality shit. I'd love to have something like this at my place when I move out of the clubhouse." Aiden whistles in appreciation at the brand new stuff.

"Only the best for my girl."

"That was cheesy." He laughs, shoving me playfully.

"I know." I grin proudly.

Lia's brother only shakes his head at me, but I just shrug. I know the guys like to tease me for being whipped, but it's not like I care about it. I am whipped and I'm not afraid to show it.

As I work on the rack, I hear Tyson's phone ring on the bench by the wall.

"Tyson! Phone!" I yell out to him.

"Got it!" He calls out, almost running down the stairs. "Where is it?" I point to the bench, where Tyson's phone rings again.

"It's Lia, you could've picked it up."

"It's not my phone." I chuckle, getting back to working on the rack.

Tyson only laughs as he picks up the call, instantly putting it on speaker. "Hey little mouse, what's up?"

"Hey dad, you guys okay?" I frown at Lia's worried voice.

"Yeah, we're good, why?" Tyson glances at us confusedly, looking as lost as I feel.

"Blake texted me to come... I'm already here but I don't see your car."

"Wait, we didn't hear you drive here."

"Hold on, where are you? I'm in Berkeley." I feel panic surge through me. I didn't text her!

"Baby, I didn't text you anything. When did you get the message?"

"Blake? Wait what? Where are you guys? I got the text an hour ago. It sounded urgent." She says and I can almost see the frown that's undoubtedly etched on her face right now.

"I never sent you anything, kitten." I say in pure panic.

"Little mouse, where are you?" Tyson demands sternly.

"In the elevator." Lia states, sounding eerily calm.

"Little mouse, I think someone got Blake's phone and lured you into a trap." Tyson frantically searches his jacket for keys. "We'll come and get you, okay? Stay put." He orders, getting a cruel chuckle from my girl. But it's her next words that send me into frenzy.

"I already guessed so. And I'm looking at him right now." With that she hangs up, sending me into a full-blown panic attack.

"Fuck! We need to go there!" I rush upstairs then out of the house to Tyson's truck, only waiting few seconds for the guys so I can lock the doors, before we all get in the car. Tyson drives like madman to Berkeley, probably breaking dozens of laws on the way. I stay quiet, trying to calm down enough to deal with this the right way. I don't know what's going to happen.