Chapter 57

Aiden

I should've known Lia would snap at mom. It was to be predicted.

"Our cousin is quite the character, I gotta say." Ryder chuckles. The younger kids are somewhere upstairs, doing god-knows-what while the older ones lounge on the terrace in the back of the house, leaving the parents to talk.

"Yeah, she's a fierce one. – Silas adds – Is she always like this?" He turns to me and my brothers, looking at us curiously.

"Nope. This was actually the light version." I chuckle when I think about everything my little sister has done. Our poor cousins have no idea what Lia is capable of.

"Is it true what Anna told us? You know, about the illegal fighting and stuff?" Ryan questions. Since he's the oldest among us, being just a year older than me, he's kind of 'in charge' of the kids, along with me and Ashton. As the oldest ones, it's our job to take care of the youngsters.

"Yeah. And she's fucking good, I'll tell you that. Her dad, Tyson, was an MMA champion, but from what I could see, Lia already surpassed him." I grin proudly. I know what I'm saying, I've seen my sister fight a few times.

"Wow. – a chorus of impressed sighs resounds through the room – That's awesome." Some of the boys chuckle.

"Damn, who knew our long-lost cuz would be a badass?" Ryder jokes, getting a laugh from everyone.

"She's a badass alright, trust me. But that's because there was no other way for her to survive. She went through a lot painful and traumatic shit. Both Ashton and Adrian know what I'm talking about since they know about our sister's past."

"And that Blake guy?" Ryan implores, lighting up a cigarette and taking a long drag.

"What about him?" I take the lighter from him.

"Who is he?"

"Are they really engaged or did Lia say that on a whim?" Nolan adds curiously.

I sigh heavily, letting out the smoke through the open window. "They are engaged, yes. They have been for over a year, almost two now. Fucker's resilient, I'll give him that. I tried to intimidate him when we met, you know, the usual 'you hurt my sister, I hurt you' stuff, but he only laughed at me. I guess that after having so many people threaten him, nothing can scare him."

"So many people? Who?" I can't help but chuckle at Julian's suspicious tone.

"Tyson, his friends, the bikers, some woman called Maria, and supposedly even Blake's own father."

"Wow... that's a lot of people... - Ryder breathes out in amazement - Someone's popular." He smirks.

"You have no idea, kid. – Ashton laughs, shaking his head – Our dear little sister is on a completely different level than any of us. She has a goddamn army at her beck and call." I can only chuckle at how true that statement is.

As Ryan and I smoke by the tall window, we catch sight of Ethan heading to the swing set in the garden, soon followed by none other than my sister. "I think something happened..." Ryan comments.

"I think so too..." I add worriedly when I hear Lia's angry voice all the way here. I don't miss Frank and Rob standing nearby, giving Lia and Ethan some space but listening to them.

"What's going on?" The guys come up to the glass wall and watch my sister's exchange with her uncle. I get a really bad feeling when she suddenly leans forward on her knees and keeps her head down, tugging at her hair with her hands. Something's wrong.