Chapter 18

Lia

Black rose.

What does it mean?

A warning? A threat? A message?

I don't get it.

And I don't like it.

"Kitten, breakfast's ready." Blake peeks into the bathroom.

"I'll be right out." I send him an air kiss, getting a grin in response before he leaves. Barely a year ago I'd never let him come in as I shower, but he's seen me naked so many times it's no longer an issue. He's seen everything there is to see.

I quickly towel myself off then put on my red fluffy robe, too lazy to get dressed in normal clothes. I don't plan on going out today, so why bother? Once I'm done, I go to eat, even though I'm not that hungry. But I'll still do it for Blake. He's worried about me and I know he hates watching my struggles.

As I walk into the living room, I realize I should've put on clothes. I didn't realize we have guests.

"Hi guys." I greet the three boys that are lazily lounging on the couch. Lately, they've been coming here all the time, right after their classes or the afternoon practice. When I asked them about it, they only said they're hooked on my food. Which is why Blake and I have to do shopping more often. Leeches.

Deep inside I know it's not because of the food, but I don't say anything.

"Hey Lia. You look good, girl." Simon looks over my attire, whistling appreciatively.

"I didn't know we had guests." I smirk, taking my seat at the island. "If I knew you're here, I would put on the ugliest clothes I have."

"You don't have ugly clothes, babe. You look good no matter what you wear." Blake puts a plate of pancakes in front of me then kisses my head, not caring about my wet hair. "I made you some cocoa instead of coffee. You've had enough caffeine lately to last a lifetime." He adds with a small frown, stroking the back of my neck with his fingers. I lean up, pressing a kiss to the crease between his brows, getting rid of the worry lines on his handsome face.

"If you keep frowning, it'll stay that way." I tease, pecking his lips.

I hear James's annoyed groan behind me. "Do you seriously have to rub it in our faces that we're single?"

"Of course we do." Blake deadpans, kissing my head again before sitting across from me. During the last few weeks, he started watching me while I eat, making sure I finish my meal. I know I didn't take proper care of myself lately, but I just couldn't bring myself to think about something as trivial as food.

"You're so annoying." James grumbles, making me chuckle. No matter how much I try to deny it, I'm glad they're here so often. Their teasing and mindless banter cheers me up. I don't want to acknowledge the fact that they're here because of the danger lurking around me, but it's inevitable. I'm indirectly putting them in danger. So now I have four people to protect: Blake, David, James and Simon. They know what's going on and that puts their safety in jeopardy.