Chapter 50

Blake

I try my hardest to deflect my teammates' questions as we change in our locker room after practice. They sure are pushy.

"Come on, Blake... Just talk to us!" James whines, staring at me pleadingly.

"Give it up, James. I already told you we can talk later, so just stay patient and wait a few more hours, okay?"

"Few hours?!" He exclaims in shock. "Why so long?!"

"Because Lia will most likely go to her classes at her academy in half an hour, and then we're having dinner at home."

Simon perks up at this. "Can we come?"

I don't even have a chance to answer that as other guys chime in. "Yeah." "We haven't been at your house yet." "Is it far?" "We can meet up there."

I let out a sigh of pure frustration. They seriously won't give it up, will they?

I get my bag and leave the locker room, ignoring guys' whining as they trudge behind me. Lia greets me with a smile as soon as she sees me and I almost melt right on the spot. One smile from my kitten and I turn to mush.

"Lia, tell him something! He's being mean!" James goes past me and gets behind my girl, using her as a shield from me. Justin only watches everything in silent amusement.

"What's going on?"

"We thought it may be a good idea to meet up at your house to talk..." Simon smiles widely at my girl, wordlessly asking her to agree.

Lia only raises her brow questioningly. "You sure about that? You might get scarred for life." I chortle at this. She means them meeting her dad.

"W-why?" James hesitantly asks, gulping nervously.

"You'll only find out if you're brave enough." My kitten whispers conspicuously.

"You two are so fucking mean!" James complains, sulking like a petulant child.

"I'm just kidding, James. – Lia laughs, patting his shoulder with her good hand – If you want to come to our place, that's fine."

"Yeah. You're so easy to play with, man." I add with a chuckle.

"I can't believe you two. You're really a match made in heaven." Simon grumbles angrily.

"More like a match made in hell." James adds with a pout. He's such a kid sometimes.

I take my kitten's hand in mine. "Are you going to your classes at the academy today?" I ask as we walk outside with my teammates and Justin following right behind us.

"Nope. I already got my assignments sent to my email. I'll only have to show up in two weeks to take the tests and that's it."

"Does that mean we can go to your house now?" James jumps in front of us, grinning excitedly.

"Why do you want to come to our place so bad?" I frown confusedly at him. He's so stubborn about it.

"Cause we haven't been there yet! You two didn't even have a housewarming party!" He glares at us pointedly.

"And here I thought you already noticed that we're not much into parties." I shake my head in mock disappointment, while Lia giggles beside me.

"Yes, James, it means you can come straight to our house." She tells him slowly, like she's speaking to a child.

"Okay guys, you go and have fun while we have to fucking study." Joel, one of my teammates, huffs angrily. The guys from the team bid us quick goodbyes then go towards the dorms, leaving only Justin, Dave, Simon and James with us.