Chapter 4

Blake

I wake up when the harsh sunlight hits me in the face, almost blinding me with its intensity. It has to be quite late, cause the window of our bedroom faces south and the bed is by the west wall, so the only time the sun shines onto the bed is before noon.

I open my eyes slowly to let them adjust to the light. Glancing at Lia in my arms, I almost laugh when I see she's thrown the blanket over her face to hide from the sun. Adorable.

Deciding to make some lunch for my girl, I carefully remove my arm from under her neck and leave the bed, only putting on some clean boxers before walking out. I pause for a moment at the doorway then walk back to Lia and leave a small kiss on the top of her head.

I hum quietly as I work on the food, getting the coffee ready at the same time. Since today's Saturday and the team has a day off before tomorrow's match, Lia and I could sleep in. Not to mention tonight's fight. Lia's meeting that Razor guy at midnight and she needs to be properly rested before that. That's why I didn't wake her up and am making her lunch and coffee.

Just when I'm about to go wake my girl up, the doorbell rings. Who the hell is it?!

"Hey." I'm greeted by James and Simon once I open the door, my scowl getting deeper at the sight of them. "You won't let us in?" James taunts when he sees my expression.

"I don't know. Should I?" I mock, arching my eyebrow at them.

"Oh come on." Simon groans, pushing past me to get inside.

"Your girl's not here?" James questions curiously, glancing around. "OH! Coffee!"

"Don't you dare touch it. – I warn sternly – It's Lia's." I close the front door and make my way back to the kitchen, shoving my stupid friend away from the coffee maker. Ignoring James's whining, I pour the coffee into four mugs, handing the extra two to James and Simon as they take their seats at the island, then go back to the stove to dish out the food.

"Oh shit! What happened to your back, man?" Simon guffaws, making me groan in irritation.

"Are those scratch marks? Damn, your girl is a feisty one." James laughs and I turn to the two idiots with a glare.

"Fuck off." I hiss before turning back to the food in front of me. I'm about to say more, but Simon's low appreciative whistle stops me.

"Oh damn.... Now that's a sight I wouldn't mind seeing every day." Simon announces, causing me to turn around, only to see my sleepy kitten walking towards us with half-closed eyes. She looks adorable with her disheveled bed hair, my shirt on and bare legs.

That woman! I swear to god!

"Kitten, why don't you get dressed? We're not alone." I say, catching the guys watching my girl.

Lia gives me a confused sleepy glance then looks down at her, then back at me, grinning cheekily. "I'm not naked. I heard the doorbell." She says, taking her seat at the island in front of the guys and leaning her elbow on the counter with her chin on her palm, barely awake.

"Here's your coffee." I hand Lia her mug, kissing her head, then get her plate and sit beside her. We eat quietly, listening to the guys gushing about the party that took place last night at some Trevor's place. I have no idea who the guy is, but for some reason I've been hearing about him ever since Lia and I came back after summer. He throws a party every Friday and invites an unbelievable amount of people to them. Even fraternities don't party this lavishly. I would even say, lasciviously, considering what people say about what happens there. There hasn't been a week when a party didn't take place. And for some reason, my stupid teammates always come to our place the next day.