Chapter 23

Lia

Why the fuck is he here?

Why?

Why?!

WHY?!

"Lia, babe, calm down." Blake's soothing voice brings me back to reality and I see that I've crushed my phone in my hand. There are pieces of the screen biting into my palm, but I ignore the sting. I have much more pressing issue to think about.

Blake's hand rubs my back as we both stare dumbfounded at the dickhead in front of us.

"Everyone, this is Mr. Dennis Rocher. – Mrs. Johnson announces, making me frown – He'll be working as my assistant for the whole year. Mr. Rocher, would you mind saying a few words?" She turns to the dickhead with a smile.

Declan gives her a flirty wink then turns towards the class. Disgusting. "Hey everyone. As professor Johnson has mentioned, I'll be working here as her assistant during this year. Since I'm not that much older than you guys, you can call me Dennis." He grins cheerfully at the students, getting a chorus of 'hi, Dennis' from almost everyone.

Mrs. Johnson silences the room, clearing her throat before speaking. "Silence, everyone. There's one more thing to discuss. Mr. Rocher is still unfamiliar with the campus, having only arrived this morning, so I'll appoint a guide that will help him get settled." She's cut off by a bunch of girls offering their 'help' before she can say anything else.

But I don't miss the pointed look she gives me. "Ms. Clarke, would you be so kind and show Mr. Rocher around?" I catch the jealous glares I get from almost every girl in the room, along with Blake's low growl as he tightens his hold of my thigh. I don't take my eyes off Mrs. Johnson, not at all intimidated by her.

"No." I say with finality, surprising her.

"May I ask why?" The woman is clearly displeased by my refusal, while Declan looks slightly amused. Son of a bitch.

"Because I said so. You can't force me to do anything." I lean back in my chair, folding my arms over my chest, wordlessly challenging her. I've had enough of this woman, she keeps pissing me off. She always gives me more homework than others, whenever there's a project she makes sure I have the shortest amount of time to finish it and she always questions me during class.

"Is that so? – she smirks smugly – I thought you'd like some extra credit."

"But I don't, so you should find someone else." I pick up my textbook, indicating I'm done with this conversation. Call me rude, but I'm not getting anywhere near that dickhead even if it costs me my grade.

Blake only chuckles quietly beside me, while David stays quiet. I guess he doesn't know what to say about this.

Mrs. Johnson seems to realize I don't care about her threats and sighs heavily, scowling at me in distaste. Try harder, bitch.

"Very well, then. – she snarkily says – Do I have volunteers?" A group of girls raises their hands, adjusting their blouses to show off their boobs. Unbelievable. I thought college seniors should be fucking mature! Sluts.

Mrs. Johnson nods at the girls, giving up with a sigh. I almost smirk at her defeated expression. She looks like someone fed her a rotten lemon.

I glance at Declan, only to find him already looking at me with a small smirk. I give him a glare then turn back to the textbook, concentrating on the topic.

"I have no idea what just happened." David mutters from my right, making me laugh quietly.

"You should be glad. It's more fucked up than you think." I tell him then lean my head on Blake's shoulder as I listen to Mrs. Johnson's lecture.