Chapter 59

Lia

I sit between my Cakey's legs on the edge of the bed as he carefully stitches my back. I taught him how to suture wounds about a year ago, when he said that since he's a fighter's man, he needs to know how to take care of me.

Isn't my Cakey just the sweetest?

"What happened, baby? But for real? I know you didn't get in a fight just because some asshole bothered the girls." Blake implores and I sigh quietly. Of course he'd notice.

"You know me so well." I turn my head to give him a kiss over my shoulder. "That Scott shithead said some things... He tried to blackmail Olivia to have sex with him by using Harry's job as leverage... Then he implied that he wants us to 'have some fun' with him and his friends." I put the quotation marks with my fingers.

"Son of a bitch. – Blake grumbles – But what if he can really get Harry fired? Won't it be a problem?"

"I don't think so. Harry's an accountant with years of experience in the field. Even if he got fired because of that stupid shithead, I can try to help him find another job. My dad's been looking for someone for the position of a head accountant at his company." I grin smugly over my shoulder, getting an amused hum from my Cakey.

"Hmm, clever little kitten." He kisses my cheek then goes back to working on my back.

"Enough about me... What happened with Anna? She was quite pissed..." I inquire curiously, getting a quiet sigh in response as Blake puts the med kit away, already done with my stitches.

"I told them about your past and Ryan showed them the picture of your back... Alan got furious and ripped Anna a new asshole. He threatened to disown her unless she agrees to stay away from you." Cakey explains shortly and I turn around to see if he's serious, but all I can see is honesty in his eyes. He's not joking.

"For real? He took my side?"

"Of course he did. Anyone with a brain would do that after hearing what they did." He deadpans, putting his arms around me as he leans his chin on my shoulder. "I have a bad feeling about Anna, though... She still doesn't seem to realize what she's done and I have a hunch she'll cause trouble." Blake squeezes me in his arms. I can tell he's distressed, so I get out of his tight hold, getting a accusatory glare from him which turns into a smirk when I straddle him and snuggle into his chest.

"You do realize you're half-naked, right?" My man whispers huskily and starts nibbling on my ear, knowing it's my weak spot.

"Blake, come on, the whole family's downstairs!" I whine, squirming in his lap as he traces his lips all over my neck. My sweet Cakey only groans in annoyance and drops his head on my shoulder.

"Damn it. We should've stayed in the hotel." I can't help but giggle at the defeated tone of his voice. My poor Cakey.

"Don't you worry, babe. Once we're back home we'll make up for all the lost opportunities." I promise, scratching his abs under the shirt teasingly.

"You won't be able to walk for days, kitten, I promise you that." Blake growls lowly, Uh-oh, I know that look.

"Don't forget we're meeting the guys after New Year. I think I will need my ability to walk..."

"Hm... No, you won't." He smirks smugly and I raise my brow at him questioningly. He only grins cheekily, as if he knows something I don't. Suspicious.

I decide to let it slide this time, since I know Cakey wouldn't do anything to hurt me in any way.

"I'm telling you, it's a bad idea to disturb them." Blake and I turn to the door at the sound of Silas's voice outside before someone knocks.