Chapter 62

Tyson

After Lia hangs up the call, we all burst out in laughter. I can honestly say that I've never been more proud of my little mouse than now. She handled Anna like a true queen.

I can see that I'm not the only one impressed by my daughter. Once everyone cools down after hearing the ridiculous banter between Lia and Anna, they get quiet and just take everything in.

Anna's admission was... shocking, to say the least.

I don't know how Lia noticed that Anna was acting the whole time. I honestly don't.

My little mouse has this talent to see things that no one else seems to notice. She catches onto things so quickly it's almost scary. Nothing escapes her.

"I did not expect that." Joe sighs heavily. I hope I got his name right.

"It was all a lie. – Ethan buries his face in his hands, leaning on his knees – I can't believe we didn't see that."

"Why didn't Anna just tell us the truth? There was no need for her to hide all that..." Alan breathes out ruefully, dragging his hand over his face tiredly.

I notice Sam and Jared get up from their seat, seemingly deciding to leave the family to resolve this on their own. I follow their lead and ask Maria to come with me. I don't think any of us should be listening to this. This is not our problem.

"Guess you couldn't bear the tension, huh?" Blake follows us outside, chuckling in amusement. "Don't worry, it's not half as bad as it was when we came here." He sighs, sitting on the steps beside me.

"Was it that bad?"

"Yeah... But now that Anna revealed her true colors it's more understandable why she acted the way she did."

"Maybe it wasn't a good idea to come here after all. There's a lot going on in this family." Sam frowns worriedly. She's standing in front of Jared as he leans against Ethan's car parked in front of the house.

"Maybe it wasn't." I nod in agreement.

"By the way, how come you're all here?" Blake questions from beside me, glancing between the four of us.

"Ethan called me yesterday and asked if there's a chance I could come here for the New Year. He supposedly got my number from Aiden." I explain shortly.

"We were called by Frank." Jared adds.

"And I was called by that Ryan cutie." Maria chuckles. This woman, I swear to god.

"You're unbelievable. That boy's, like, thirty years younger than you." I laugh at her.

"So? – she smirks – I could still be his sugar mamma." She wiggles her brows suggestively and we can't help but laugh at her.

"You're incorrigible." I shake my head at her, not missing how Blake shakes beside me as he tries not to laugh.

"What can I say? This mamma needs some sweetness in her life." Oh god.

Before I can respond, a car pulls up the driveway and slightly pissed Lia gets out of it. She throws a quick glare at Anna, getting an exact same one in response. They keep staring at each other for a moment, before they both huff and Anna storms inside the house.

"Wow, the tension between you two is no joke." Blake teases as Lia sits between us on the stairs.

"You've got no idea. – Lia groans – Do I really drive like a crazy wacko?" I burst out laughing at the ridiculous question.