Chapter[1]

--EMMA'S P.O.V--

NOVEMBER 12 2019

I am Emma Smith, born May-24-1999, which makes me 20 years old.

Here I am sitting in the coffee shop down the street with my best friend Maya where we were chatting about everything. I have just moved to Montreal from Vancouver a couple of weeks ago, hoping to get cast in a movie so I could maybe launch my career.

My manager Liz was helping me by asking around and informing me every time she finds something that could be helpful. My dad is Canadian but my mum is British so we always travel back and forth between London and Vancouver to see both families.

I have an older sister her name is Anna and a younger brother Ben: so we are basically 3. Anna is currently in Sydney and since she works there, we don't see her as often as we used to. Fortunately, she still texts us and phones us every week or two so we know she is alive and well.

My brother is in school, so he stayed back in Vancouver with my parents. However, I always make sure I go visit them at least once every couple of months and I also text them and FaceTime them now and then. But we always try to be all reunited for Christmas and the important family traditions.

I used to struggle with social anxiety but it has partially faded. Therefore, I always make sure I'm surrounded by the people I love and feel safe with. Acting has also helped because it gives me the confidence to perform in front of crowds like I used to do in the plays back in high school.

The feeling of not being wanted, along with bad past experiences, has left me used to a pattern of very negative thoughts. And my past relationships weren't really anything serious except the fact that one of my few exes is a mild psychopath but let's not talk about that...

While I was drinking my coffee with Maya, the weather had gotten worse and we figured out there was going to be a storm so we hurried back to our cozy little apartment. We entered the apartment closing the door swiftly behind us.

We decided to watch some Netflix and chill since we had nothing to do and we couldn't go outside. Two hours had passed and we just finished a movie but we were so bored so we just stopped and chatted for an hour and we asked about any news from our families and friends.

Around 6 pm while I was still talking with Maya, my phone suddenly rang and when I picked it up from the side table I saw Liz's name hoping she had some good news to cheer me up.

LIZ: Hey Emma! How are you

EMMA: Hey Liz I'm fine and you?

same here. So I just wanted to tell you that they are shooting a new movie; Chaos Walking which starts next month but they still have one character left and I booked you an audition for tomorrow at noon

Oh my God!! Thanks so much I love you!

no problem! I'll send you the address and all the details you need in an hour

OK thank you, Bye!

Bye!

I ended the call and ran to the kitchen where my best friend went to get a snack and told her the good news. We started jumping like little kids and after a couple of minutes, we had calmed down. The rest of the night went by fast and we went to bed early so we could wake up energized for the audition tomorrow.

= = = = =  = =Time skip=  = == = = =

Maya and I woke up around the same time, chose an outfit, and 30 minutes before the auditions we drove off to my destination. We sat in a room filled with a lot of other girls my age and I started feeling a bit self-conscious.

I was receiving a lot of stares and I started thinking that I might not have a chance because most of these girls were prettier than me and looked like they had way more capacities than I had so I just looked at my lap in defeat.

Maya saw that and cheered me up by encouraging me and boosting up my self-confidence and assured me that all of my loved ones will be proud of me whatever happens after this audition.

After almost an hour, I was called to enter the audition room. I was stressed, to say the least, and the looks I received didn't make it easier. I entered the room and was asked by the director to close the door behind me and so I did.

I managed to calm myself down and proceeded to say the lines I needed to say. After seeing that the director was pleased, he thanked me and told me that I did a good job. He also added that in a maximum of two days I will be receiving a call or text telling me if I succeeded in getting the role or not. Afterward, I thanked the director for his time and for letting me in.

I came back out and a lot of girls were glaring at me but this time I didn't let them phase me. I then told Maya everything and she told me how happy and proud she is. We came back to our shared apartment and laid on the couch for the rest of this tiring day.

In the morning, we had some pancakes and then around 10 am we went to grab some coffee and stroll around in the city and do some shopping. We went to a mall near the apartment and bought some snacks and necessities.

We had lunch at Chipotle and stayed there for about an hour. We then went to the park at sundown so we could calm down a bit and luckily, there wasn't a lot of buzzing around us. We could feel the breeze and the cold air around us for about 15 minutes before we started freezing and went quickly home.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1056

enjoy :)

vote and comment :)