Chapter 2

Tyler pulled up in his gray Cherokee 4x4 jeep as he parked it at the curb. He pulled out his portfolio and straightened his tie as he got out and locked the door. He glanced around at the other side of New York. The suburbs were very pretty and serene. It was definitely a getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city part of NY. He looked at the beautiful home and figured the person who owned this home definitely had their shit together.

He rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. He started to look around when he heard the door open.  He turned his head and he was taken aback. There stood before him was a gorgeous, brown-skinned woman standing about 5 foot 9 with curves in the right places. Her hair was pulled back in a tight, business-like bun as she hid her beautiful full-figure underneath a very stuffy business suit. She showed a look of surprise on her face while gripping the doorknob. "Tee Sumner?" She asked, unsure. "I was expecting a female."

"Tee?" Tyler wondered aloud before flashing a smile then laughing. "No, T.E. Sumner. As in Tyler Evan. And I'm sure my mom only had one child. A boy."He informed her in a joking manner.  The woman made a face at her mistake. "Mr. Conla did tell me any of that. " She said with a sigh. "Well, come in. I can give you the interview at least." "Thanks." He smiled as she ushered him in. Tyler followed her into the living room as he continued to stare at her suit. Rachael noticed his stare before clearing her throat. "Is there something on your mind?" She asked. "Well, I was wondering do you work on Saturdays?" He replied in question.

She gave a light shrug as she answered."Sometimes. You never know. Why?" Tyler glanced at her before speaking. "Because you look like you're on call to handle a merger of some sort." He carefully stated, causing Rachael to laugh. 'No, I have two careers. One at home that I own and I work for a publishing company. The one I own is a Video Idea concept company. I also direct music videos. The publishing company, I get paid to read manuscripts to see if they are worth printing. I love to read, so I am a fast reader." She stopped talking to see him smile as she noticed that her jacket was off and tossed on the couch while her shoes were kicked to the side.

"Wait, I thought I was supposed to be giving the interview." She sputtered out. "You are. You just needed to be comfortable. I mean, if you're not comfortable in your own home, where can you be comfortable?" Tyler stated while pulling out his resume and a long list of references. She reached for the papers to glance over them before speaking. "This is a very impressive resume. Besides the academics, you have an extensive babysitting career. You're an OT."  She said reading before speaking aloud. "And a model!"

Right on cue, Tyler opened his portfolio and showed her his head and body shots and his agency information. Rachael was speechless while flipping through some of the pics. She felt her mouth go dry. She quickly placed the book down on the coffee table and swallowed hard. "Well, I guess you're so perfect that you may be too good to be true," Rachael told him as she placed her hands in her lap. "No, I am just a man who wants to make my dreams come true. And make an honest living to boot. The bonus will be helping someone like yourself know that your children are well taken care of." Tyler said calmly as he glanced at her. 

"Well, can you hand me your ID and social security card and I'll copy it." Rachael stood up, waiting for him to hand over the items. Tyler handed them to her, letting their fingers touch. Rachael glanced down as he let his fingertips caress the skin on her hand.

Rachael had forgotten how a man's touch felt as she let him linger a bit more. Their eyes connected as Tyler was about to say something. Before he could, Rachael heard familiar movement down the hall. She pulled back quickly with the items before rushing to her office to copy them.

Tyler had sat back while his mind was trying to comprehend what just happened. He then looked up to see two kids stand in his presence.  A girl and a boy. The girl was pretty tall but still looked young as she proudly wore two, thick plaits decorated with purple twin beads at the top and purple barrettes at the ends. She proudly wore a That's So Raven t-shirt and matching shorts. He noticed her purple tennis shoes completed the outfit. The little girl was sizing him up as well while the little boy was dressed in orange shorts and an orange and gray striped t-shirt.