Chapter 26

A month later

After Tyler took Rachael, his mom, and the kids on a family honeymoon, they came back home to a surprise he had set up in advance. He had Bette pick them all up to drive them home. They came to an unfamiliar neighborhood, as Maddy spoke up. "Daddy, who's houses are these?" Maddy asked when Bette stopped the car. Everyone got out while Tyler stood back to watch their reactions.

Kaleb ran towards the other house on the two acres of land that was literally across from the first house. Everyone followed as Rachael ran after him. "Kal" She called after him. "Sweetie, no!" "Mama. Mama." Kaleb repeated as he banged against the front door."

Tyler grinned and fished a set of keys from his jean pocket. "Looks like he wants to go in," Tyler said to them all before turning to his mom. "Here, mom. Why don't you open it?" He said, handing her the keys. Alyssa carefully took the keys and unlocked the door before Kaleb ran inside, while she took her time looking around. She noticed that all her belongings were beautifully placed about, causing her to turn towards her son. "Tyler?" Was all she could say, feeling so many emotions.

"Well, mom, you'll need a new house to have your two oldest grandkids to spend the night sometimes plus all those future grandbabies we'll have." He grinned as Rachael stepped up to him. "Tyler, babe, how are we going to get them here all the time. This is far from our little home." She asked him. "Yeah, son. I don't need all this room by myself." Alyssa said. "Calm down, you two," Tyler told them before gently place a hand on Kaleb's shoulder. "Kal will show you how we can handle this entire situation. Right, buddy?" He said. "Kal, show them our  brand new house." The little boy took off out the open front door. "Our house! Our house!" Kaleb kept repeating as he went back to the first house.

Kaleb stopped at the front door as they caught up to him. Rachael stopped and stared at the door as Kaleb banged on it, glancing back at Tyler. "Tyler, this house looks familiar." She said, watching her husband fish another set of keys from his pocket. Her eyes went wide as she watched in slow motion him placing the keys in her hand. "Welcome home." He whispered to her.

Rachael stared at the keys in her hand, remembering how they talked about a house like this before they were married. The fact that he went out of his way to find one exactly like it, was not lost on her. "Oh, Tyler!" She said as she threw her arms around his neck. "I'm glad you like it." He told her, happy that she was happy. "I always promised my mom I would get us something great. I wanted her to be just a walk over to see all her grandkids and us.  And we wouldn't be that far away also."

"But how did you do all this when we were away?" Alyssa asked. Bette, who was quietly observing the entire time, raised her hand and stepped forward. "I had some help from Avery, Judge Wolf, that nice bailiff, that case coordinator, and the girls. We all took care of it. We all took care of everything. We wanted to make sure you guys would never be split up again." Bette explained, feeling tears well up in her eyes.

Maddy ran up to Bette and hugged her, thanking her. She then turned to look at her parents. "Daddy, can we thank them all by inviting them for dinner tonight?" Tyler placed an arm around his mom and wife and gave a nod. "Sure. Bette, let's get on the phone." He said. 

Soon the house was filled with everyone.  They ordered dinner and celebrated by exploring both homes. During the time of getting both houses together, while selling the old ones Bette, Avery, Lucy, Janice, and Candice bonded deeply with Todd Wolf, Reggie Carter, and Mark Page. Two of Bette's and Rachael's single friends flirted with Mark and Reggie while Judge Wolf and Alyssa began to flirt. Rachael leaned over to Tyler before whispering to him. "I was wondering if you're ready to add on to our ever-growing family?" She said more than asked. 

Tyler looked at her before pulling her in for a quick, yet sensual kiss. He reluctantly pulled away to give her a soft smile. "I was wondering when you'd ask." He whispered back and gave her a wink.