Chapter 12

The household had spent Valentine's morning eating and talking before Tyler drove the kids to school. Before he left, Rachael had mentioned that she had to go out today and won't be back until late. Tyler gave a nod before he headed towards the school, with his mind getting ready for tonight.

Meanwhile, Bette spent an early morning in her office, working when there was a knock on her door. "Come in." She said then glanced to see her assistant, Erica poke her head in. "Hey, Bette. There is a very yummy, handsome, intelligent gentleman out here with a delivery for you." Erica whispered with a smirk.

Bette smiled, thinking of Avery probably trying to say thank you for a lovely evening and late night. "Send him, Erica." She told her assistant. Erica left out the door and then a few minutes later in walked Avery with a tall vase full of lilies and one yellow rose planted firmly in the front of the bouquet for her to see.

Bette glanced up at the enormous vase and then at him with a big grin.  She got up and walked to the door to close and lock it before turning around to focus on him. "Oh, Avery! They're beautiful!" She said joyfully before planting a kiss on his lips. Avery gave her a quick peck in return and licked his lips while he just stared at her.

"Not as beautiful as you. I wanted to thank you again for last night." He murmured, letting his breath caress her ear. "Ha.Ha. But you already did that, over and over for at least five hours." Bette said seductively while letting her arms roam over his biceps and the back of his suit jacket.

"I would have kept on thanking you but we both had to work today." He reminded her with a smirk across his lips.  "Besides, this gift here is because I want you to be my valentine's today." Bette's eyes widen as she let go of him. "What?" She said, surprised. "Today is Valentine's day?" "All day, babe. Why?" He replied calmly.  "Because I spend today with Rachael," Bette explained. "We do something every year. She never has anyone.  So, I tend to do it with her and sometimes the kids." 

Avery watched her unlock the door and walk outside to tell Erica to cancel all appointments and meetings today. She then told her assistant to take the rest of the morning and day off. Erica thanked her and gave a thumbs up to Avery for showing up.

He just chuckled then stepped up to grab her hand. Bette halted in place looking at him before he pulled her into a kiss. All of Bette's thoughts were forgotten as Avery deepened the kiss by letting his tongue have its way inside her mouth. They walked back towards her desk and leaned over getting hot and heavy. When a knock at the door stopped them from going on any further.

Bette and Avery stood there in their rumpled up clothing to see Rachael grinning at the sight before her. "Don't mind me. I didn't know you were busy, Bette. I'll see you later." She stated before she was about to turn away. Bette moved away from Avery and she rushed to her best friend. "Wait," Bette said to Rachael. "I-This is Avery Lawrence. He works for The Versace Company. We met last night when Maddy was working with Tyler." She then turned towards Avery and spoke. "Avery, this is Maddy's mom and my best friend, Rachael Ryland."

Rachael smiled before stepping up to shake his hand at the same time, Avery did. "Oh, my daughter hasn't stopped talking about the fun she had last night," Rachael told him, smiling. "Well, we enjoyed having her," Avery told her. "She was one of the best models we've ever had. Young or old." He smiled and linked an arm around Bette. "I heard that you two have to go to your Valentine's day thing so I'll get out of your way," Avery said to both ladies. 

Avery was about to excuse himself when Rachael stopped him. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about, Bette." She began and smiled at the flowers with a Happy Valentine's day card attached. "I am going into the office for a bit, so you go have fun. Enjoy the day."

Bette grew concerned for her friend, stepping closer to her. "But I don't want you to be alone," Bette said in a sad tone. " I know you have the kids. I mean without adult companionship." Rachael just continued to fight the grin at her lips. "I won't be," Rachael confessed. "Tyler has something special planned for tonight after the kids are gone to bed." 

Bette grinned herself and gripped Rachael's arms, excited for her friend. "What? Details, girl." She whispered. "Only if you share also," Rachael whispered back. "At our monthly get together," Bette added. "You know it," Rachael confirmed before she waved goodbye at Avery then left the office.

Bette exhaled a happy breath before she closed the distance between her and Avery."Well, I guess I'm all yours. And I have absolutely nothing to do, all day today and night. Any ideas?" She asked him, smiling brightly. Avery just slipped his hand around her shoulder and wiggled his eyebrows.

Later that day, Maddy came home with an invite to a classmate's valentine's day party. Her mother had never seen her so happy to want to go something like that. She knew that Maddy used to say no because her mom was alone with Kal. But now with Tyler in their lives, her mom and her little brother had someone to be there. So with Rachael's blessing, Maddy went to do her homework and then got ready for Tyler to take her to the party.

Rachael had noticed the quiet demeanor he had all day, except when he did his daily routine with Kal. Beyond that, all she got out of him was hi and answers to any questions about household things and the kids. After dinner, she was getting Kal ready for bed when he came back from picking up a very exhausted but happy Maddy from the party. He let Rachael get Maddy ready for bed while he read a story to Kal.

Maddy fast asleep and Kaleb was heading that way when Tyler heard her soaking in the tub. He quietly went upstairs to her bedroom and quietly entered the bathroom. The shower curtain was closed and muffled music was playing through headphones. Tyler softly smiled and placed a box on top of the toilet seat cover. He softly walked back out and prepared to get her room ready.

An hour later Rachael opens her sleepy eyes to see her bubbles are gone and the water is cold. The headphones stopped playing music telling her it was time to go to bed. She drained the tub and stood up to dry off before stepping out of the tub and walking to where her pajamas were. Instead, she found a box that simply read 'Happy Valentine's Day'.

Tears filled her eyes, thinking he forgot. She quickly opened it and gasped at the very sexy, revealing gown. Rachael took a few minutes to figure out how it goes before she got it right and slipped it on. She took the butterfly clip out of her hair, letting hang down her back and around her shoulders.

 Looking in the mirror before her, she saw something she'd never seen in her entire life. A sexy, sensual woman. "This can't be me." She whispered to her reflection before walking away from the mirror to open the door to see her room transformed and Tyler taking her breath away.

MANNY©On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara