Chapter 32

Three days later, late afternoon

Rachael woke up from her restful sleep before she stared up at the ceiling. "It was all just a dream. I'm not married to Tyler. Kaleb is still behind. Maddy still feels like she needs to parent Kal and I. Tyler didn't come in our lives and made it better." She mumbled to herself before sitting up to see how flat her stomach was. She got out of bed and noticed that she was in her flannel pajamas and her old house. 

"No new house, no great mother-in-law, no Morgan, Mackenzie, and Micah." She said to herself while walking out of the bedroom and downstairs. "I never realized how empty and different I and the kids' lives were before he came into it." She sniffed back the tears and soothed her flat stomach. "I'm not carrying his baby. I'm not feeling the fast movement in my womb anymore." Her voice spoke in a broken tone.

Rachael walked to Kaleb's room and opened to see that he wasn't there. "Kaleb? Kaleb? Honey, where are you?" She called for her son then walking to her daughter's room and opened it to see her room was empty also. "Maddy? Maddison? Baby, where are you and your brother?" Rachael yelled throughout the house. She walked into the kitchen where she found a note from Charles, saying he took the kids and they're not coming back. The note dropped from her hands before closing her eyes to let out a blood curling scream. "My babies! My babies! Maddy! Kaleb! Maddy!" She yelled out, over and over.

Rachael had her eyes closed when she felt little hands shake her awake. "Mama! Mama! Wake up!" She heard a voice say to her.  She opened her eyes to see Maddy standing next to her, through her tears. Her daughter's concerned face eased any fears she just had. "Mama, are you okay?" Maddy asked before Rachael engulfed her in a big hug. "Ugh! MOM!" She said loudly, laughing some from the hug that caused a bit of a tickle. "What's wrong with you, Mama?" 

"I had this nightmare that the past year had been only a dream. Then I found out that your father took you away from me." Rachael explained as the tears poured from her eyes. "He ends up getting rights, taking you and your brother away. Leaving me all alone." She looks over and soothes Maddy's ponytails. Maddy just stared at her mom, not understanding her or the dream.

"But mama, daddy would never take us away from you." She stated. "He loves you too much. He loves us all so much." Maddy said, shaking her head in confusion. Rachel shook her head in return also, becoming confused. "Your father, loves you and Kal? Charles never loved Kaleb." She replied.

Maddy's eyes widened at the mention of Charles' name. She quickly felt her mom's forehead and snatched her hand away quickly. "Mama, your burning up." The little girl said in surprise. "Daddy! Daddy! Come quick, it's mama!" Maddy yelled before Tyler ran into the room, rushed to bed while he glanced at his daughter. "What's wrong, Maddy?" He asked her. Rachel was surprised and smiled watching Tyler interact with Maddison.

"She screamed my name and was asleep," Maddy told him. "I woke her up and she told me about this dream. Mama said our father came and took us away from her. That she was alone and that the entire year had been a dream. She hugged me real tight and said that Charles was my father."

Rachael sat in bed as she stared at Tyler who went from listening to Maddy then looking over at her.  She then glanced down to see her huge belly. She happily rubbed it and began to ramble. "I'm pregnant!" She exclaimed with joy. "Tyler you're here! And look, we're married." Tyler gave her a strange look while Maddy spoke. "Daddy, she's hot too. Her head feels like she needs some medicine and orange juice."

He touched her head and noticed it felt scorching hot. Tyler grew worried and Maddy began to shed a few tears. "Maddy, baby, " He said, making her focus on him. "Go to grandma and grandpa's, where your sister and brothers are. Tell them I am taking your mom to the doctor and I'll call them soon as we get there."

"Okay, daddy," Maddy said running from the room. Tyler turned back and focused on his wife. Her head began to sway before she started to gag. "Oh, baby, let's get you to the hospital," Tyler said, scooping her into his arms.