Chapter 68

Jennifer remarried and had two more kids, another girl, who was perfectly healthy and another boy, also healthy. Edward made sure that Jennifer and her new husband lived with him, so he could be a full-time grandfather. Avery and Bette had a total of five kids. The oldest three were adopted from Thailand and the youngest two were biological. Avery took over the Versace headquarters in New York and Bette now owns her own top lawyer firm,handling all kinds of cases, as long as they aren't shady or unethical.

Mary Smithe got married to a sweet, older, equally wealthy man, who wanted to adopt her daughter and they also adopted a son together.

Lucy and Chris had adopted two kids from Thailand and had a brand new baby. They both advanced in their careers to take time off to spend time with their kids before the oldest two got ready to start the new school year.

Candice and Reggie had their hands full with their kids while working, living, and spending time with their friends. They adopted from Thailand also. Janice and her husband, Mark adopted from there too. They adopted a girl and a boy, who like all the others, are thriving well and are very healthy. Janice and Mark's little ones are the top students in their elementary school and love finally having the chance to be children.

After a long, hard road Maddy was finally was back to her sweet, charming self. But deep inside the young girl had changed some.  She now sees the world differently, but her sweet outlook on life is back. Sunny said she doesn't remember anything from being in that place with Maddy. Secretly Maddy is so glad to hear that. Sunny did remember losing her biological mother. Something that took lots of therapy for her, but she's totally happy. She did admit to her mom and dad that she did remember feeling scared after her biological mom died then Maddy came into her life. Maddy saved her life and in a way will always be a mini mom to her.

Micah is a total dad's boy and mama's boy. He's so close to them and his brothers and sisters. It's a huge step from where he was a long time ago. He's the most talkative out of all the kids. Which was something else considering he would hardly speak when he first came to live with them before he was legally adopted.

Morgan is such a girlie girl. She wants to be like her mama. A beautiful wife and mother, someday married to a great man like her daddy. Well, that made her mama cry and her daddy beam proud, after he told her he hopes she waits until she was fifty to get married. He was joking of course.

Mackenzie and Kaleb are so close they share a room together. Mack looks up to his big brother and understands him just like Maddy did when she and Kaleb were little. Right before Tyler came into their lives. He's so protective of his big brother, he'll take anyone on. Kaleb takes notice that he does. This makes him so proud, even if he has trouble explaining it out loud.

Kaleb finally is able to do a lot without assistance.  Although he still needs someone to supervise in case of emergency. He does so well in school also. He makes his entire family proud to know him and love him.

Alyssa and Todd are still living next door. Since the grandchildren are older and can come over by themselves, they always do. And it's never a dull moment. The Triplets are doing their own thing. Toddy is his grandpa Todd's right-hand man. Trent the second loves to hang out with his grandpa Edward. And Tyler Junior usually follows his big brothers around. 

Anyssa and Alyssa love to hang out with all the females in the families at different times, depending on their moods. And Raya, being the baby and baby of the family, just loves all the love and positive attention she gets from her parents, all her siblings, and the rest of her extended family. 

Holidays, birthdays, and weekend get-togethers are the normal and expected with this family who after overcoming so much, deserves this mushy and happy time of their life.

~~

A/N: Coming up soon is the epilogue. It will be 10 years later...after Raya was born. Then the end. I will post it soon.