Chapter 31

Two months later

After the official adoption and the celebration of the kids officially becoming family, there was another announcement.  Avery and Bette were getting married. Bette was content with just a small intimate ceremony. But Avery had other plans. It was the first marriage for both of them. Far as he was concerned, it was going to be the last for them. He wanted Bette until the end of time. Since Bette wasn't into the luxury wedding, Avery took it in his own hands to make it a wonderful day. One she'll always treasure.

Tyler had finished a long day modeling, when he grabbed his paycheck and stopped by to say hello. "Knock, knock," Tyler said as he popped his head in the already open office door. Avery looked up from the many wedding magazines to give a small smile to him. "Hey, Ty. What's up, man?" Avery greeted his friend.  "Just wanted to say hi, before I head home. Summer's hit our household like crazy." Tyler told Avery. "With Rae's belly growing faster, who knows what the kids are doing to my mom," Tyler mentioned while walking in. "And you look like you need help."

"I do." Avery said, closing the magazines and sighing."I don't know what to do. I want to give her a great wedding. She's it for me, man.  I want to show her how much I love her." Tyler grinned and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Then all you need to do is make it the sweetest day it can be. Don't worry about fancy, flashy, or expensive." Tyler explained. "For Rachael, our real wedding was wonderful even though we had all that drama. But it wasn't wonderful because we spent a lot of money. It was special and terrific because it's on Maddy's birthday as a gift to her."

Avery glanced at him as Tyler continued. "Just think of what means the most to her and hold a special day around it." He explained before glancing at his watch. "I got to get home. See you later, man." Tyler waved as he walked away, leaving Avery with a lot to think about.