Chapter 47

Two weeks later- late afternoon / early evening

Tyler stood outside in his backyard as he stared at the sky. His fist clenched so hard that he could feel his knuckles start to break. "Maddy, baby, hold on for me. Daddy's going to find you. This won't take long sweetie. You'll be back here with your family soon enough." He said in a half prayer, half promise to himself and the sky above. "God, please watch over her. Tell we're looking for her."

"Tyler the police have left finally. They're going to continue the case, but there hasn't been any reward or ransom. And you know what this means." Avery said as he stuck his hands in his jean pockets. He walked up to Tyler's side while the man unclenched his hands and noticed how white they were. "Yeah, it means the sons of bitches just wanted her." He gritted through his teeth before he moved over and picked up a patio chair. "AHHHH! ARGHHH! FUCKKKKKK!" He screamed and slammed the wooden chair against the sidewalk under his feet. The chair broke into pieces before he tossed the parts still in his hands aside. Tyler let another scream out causing everyone in the house to cringe or close their eyes. They each huddled in pairs or sat together listening to his heartbreaking cry.

Avery turned around to face Tyler to grab him, holding onto him. He let his friend scream until he was drained. Rachael awoke to hear her husband cry and scream, causing her to jump up and follow his voice. She found him outside with Avery. He glanced up at her with tears in his own eyes. "Avery, what happened?" She asked with fear creeping up in her voice. "We found out that the police are gone and not coming back. They are going to keep the case open, but without a ransom or phone call, it's not good Rachael." He explained to her as she stepped up to them.

"What does that mean?" She asked, fearing the worst. "It means-." Avery began when Tyler glanced up to look into his wife's eyes. "They purposely wanted our little girl." He told her and sniffed some. "And hell help them when I find every mother fucker involved in this. I will beat the fuck out of them within an inch of their sorry-ass lives." Tyler spoke, gritting the words through his teeth as he began to breath heavy. "Then I'll bring them back to life to finally kill them. And that is a promise." He said in a cold tone as the redness clouded his blue eyes.