Chapter 17.

I go to the phone and call Jack again. Jonah answers and I sigh. 

"Please hurry Jonah... I don't know how much more if this I can take." I say. "I'm trying okay. Just give me time. I won't let them hurt you." he says. "I love you so much Jonah." I say. "I love you too Liz." I hang up and walk in the room. 

I grab Hunter's phone and walk out of the room. I run some water and put his phone in it. I leave it in there and I lay down on the couch. I fall asleep and sigh. 

*1 year later* 

I sit on the couch being yelled at by my dad and Hunter sitting next to me. 

"You have EVERYTHING, Elizabeth!!! Why are you still thinking of him and not your soon to be husband!?" he asks yelling. "I don't love Hunter!!" I yell standing up and he smacks me. Hunter laughs and my dad sits me on the couch. "I knew I should have just killed Jonah." he says as I nod and they walk out. I put the cameras in their meeting room in the house and all around. 

Today I was gonna expose them to the police. 

I look at the ring on my finger and I pull it off. I throw it and I walk upstairs waiting until they get back. I grab the tablet and record them in the meeting room. I press record on all the cameras and hide the tablet. Hunter walks in and closes the door. He slaps me but I didn't even react since I was so used to it. He kept beating me and he finally stops. 

He lays down and I wait for him to fall asleep. I turn off the recordings and sigh. I was getting up and Hunter grabs me. I kick and he covers my mouth as he pins me on the bed. 

"No you don't you little bitch!" he says as he reaches for my shorts. I fight back and all of a sudden there was a big bang. Hunter noticed and grabbed me. He puts me in the closet and into a small room. He closes and locks the door and I hear someone walk in. 

"Where is she?" they asked. I bang on the door trying to get attention. All of a sudden there was a loud bang. I started getting tired and not being able to breathe but I kept trying. The closet opens and so does the door. 

I ended up passing out and I never saw who it was. I wake up in a car and I look around. The car wasn't moving and I get out. I look around and see someone. They turn around and it was him. I smile and cry. 

"I told you I'd come for you baby." Jonah says as I cry and run to him. I hug him tight and he does too. "I thought I would never see you again!!!" I yell as he puts his gun down and picks me up. He kisses me and I kiss him back. We pull away and I cry on his shoulder. "I missed you so much. You have no idea what he did to me.." I say as he puts me down. 

He checks my face and sees the bruises and marks. Hunter groans and Jonah opens the trunk. He pulls him out and he beats the shit out of him as I change clothes in the car. 

"I put the camera footage on my phone." Jonah says out of breath as he kicks Hunter in his stomach. He grabs him by his shirt and he catches his breath. "If you ever put your hands on my girlfriend again, and if that man so called her dad comes after her, I will do much worse. Do you understand me?" Hunter nods as blood gushes out of his mouth. 

Jonah closes the trunk and leaves him there. We get in the car and I sigh. We go to the police station and Jonah explains. I show them the video and they investigate everything my dad owns. They were all arrested and Jonah drives to the airport. We get on a plane and fly back to LA. 

"It's been a year since I saw you Jonah. A whole year. I thought we'd never see each other again." I say as he strokes my cheek. "I told you I'd find you. And I did. Because you're mine and no one else can have you except for me." he says as I smile and he kisses me. I kiss him back and we pull away. "I love you so much Jonah. You have no idea." I say as he smiles. "I love you too goofball." he says as I giggle and he chuckles. 

*In LA a week later*

I wake up and Jonah was bringing in a tray of breakfast. I smile and sit up. 

"Thank you baby." I say as he smiles and steals a piece of bacon. He eats it and I gasp. "You want it back?" he asks. "No!" I yell and we laugh. He kisses my cheek and I smile. "We are going out tonight. And this date will be a surprise." he says as I smirk. 

"Tell me." I say. "Nope. You can stay here and get ready. You don't get to know anything about it." he says as I pout and he chuckles. "I promise you that this wait will be worth it because we'll have a great night." he says as I smile and nod. "Fine." I say and he smiles. 

"Only thing you can know is that it's at the band house." he says as I smile and he does too. "Love you." he says walking out the room. "Love you too!" I yell and he leaves. I eat and take the plate downstairs when I'm done. I go to the bathroom and run the bath. 

I put in soaks and turn on some soft music. I take off my clothes and sit in the tub. I soak for a second and end up falling asleep. I wake up and get out. I dry off and go to the closet. I pick out a long sleeve crop top with a short pencil skirt and black vans. I put on a dark red bra and panties set and then do my hair. I put on my outfit and do my makeup. I put on my shoes and Jonah walks in. I look in the mirror and he smacks my butt. 

"Stop!" I say laughing and he kisses my cheek. I smile and he picks out a black shirt with jeans and Nikes. He grabs his towel and gets in the shower. I pose and take a few pictures. Jonah walks out and he gets dressed. He stands behind me and I take some pictures. 

"You ready to go?" he asks as I smile and nod. We leave and he drives to the band house. We get there and walk in. He closes and locks the front door and pulls out a chair for me in the dining room. I sit down and he grabs a guitar and sits on the table. He tunes it and plays a few strings. 

"I didn't know you play guitar." I say. "I can play a lot of things." he says as I smile and he does too. He starts playing Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. "I love this song." I say as Jonah smiles. "Me too." he says and he starts singing the song. I join in towards the end and he smiles. He stops playing and stands up. 

I do too and wrap my arms around his neck. We sing the last part and I kiss him. He kisses me back and we pull away smiling. 

"I couldn't be happier with anyone else." he says as I smile. "Me neither." I say as he smiles and I sit down. He goes in the kitchen and brings out 2 plates. He sets them on the table and sits down. We talk and eat. "Jonah you are a really good cook." I say as he smiles. "Thank you my lady. I learned from my mom since my dad wasn't really around." he says. 

"Why? If you don't mind me asking." "He cheated on my mom with one of his co-workers then he was here then gone since he has kids with both of them. I used to like going fishing with him and he always said we would but when I was 15 I found out he took his other kids instead of me and my brother..." he says and he stops to think about something. 

"You remember Mattia?" he asks as I nod. "He's...he's my step brother..." Jonah says. "Really?" I ask as he nods and we finish eating.