Chapter 36.

I hear the door open and lock. Jonah walks in the room and changes. He looks at me and I look at him sitting on the bed. He rolls his eyes and walks downstairs slamming the door behind him. I jumped when it slammed and I sigh. 

"Mommy...?" I hear Alex ask sleepily and I look at him. "Hi honey. Everything's okay you can go back to sleep." I say as he yawns. "Where's Daddy?" he asks. "He's downstairs on the couch. We're mad at each other but it'll be okay tomorrow." I say as he nods and falls asleep. I sigh and fall asleep. I wake up and Jonah was in the bathroom throwing up. I turn on my side and close my eyes to pretend I was still asleep because I didn't want to talk to him. 

*Jonah's POV* 

I clean up and lean on the counter. I remember last night and I walk out of the bathroom. I look at Lizzy and she was still asleep. I knew she was faking it but I ignore her and grab my wallet. I looked through it and the hundreds of dollars I had last night were gone. I sigh and slam my wallet on the dresser. 

"Baby?" I say standing next to her and she looks at me. "What?" she asks as I sigh. "I'm sorry about last night." I say as she gets up. 

*Lizzy's POV* 

 "Of course you're sorry because you were drunk." I say as I walk out the room and he grabs my arm. He pulls me back and puts his arms around my waist. I roll my eyes and he sighs. "I know. I was wrong. I said some pretty fucked up shit but you know I didn't mean it." he says. 

"So you remember saying you were gonna go over Tate's house and fuck her?" I ask as he scoffs. "You're lying. I didn't say that did I?" "Yes you did! You were also out gambling your ass off!" I say pushing him away from me. "I know. I'm sorry. I'll stop." he says. 

"It's more than just stopping Jonah! I am your wife! You have a family! You can't get addicted to gambling because that will fuck our family up!" I yell as I walk downstairs and he follows. Jonah grabs my arms and pulls me closer. "I said I'm sorry! It's not my fault I'm dealing with things and drinking and playing poker with Dylan is a stress reliever for me! Just give me some time!" he yells. 

"What exactly are you dealing with?" I ask as he scoffs. "How about my dad just fucking died? Is that good enough for you?!" he yells and everything got silent. 

"Fuck it. I'm leaving." he says as I grab his hand and pull him back. "I'm sorry.. I didn't know.. But drinking and gambling is not how to help you." I say as he pulls away and pushes me back. "You don't know what can help me!" he yells and look at him. "Maybe I will go fuck Tate after I drink and play with Dylan. Because my wife is being a major bitch!" Jonah yells as my eyes water. 

"Don't call me a bitch you asshole!" I yell and he slaps me really fucking hard. I hold my cheek and fall on the floor. "Shit.. Liz I'm sorry..." he stutters as he tries to help me up but I back up. "Mommy? Daddy?" we heard and we look at the stairs to see Alexa and Alex looking at us. 

"Um..I'm sorry you guys saw that..." Jonah says, walking up to them but they back up. "I am so so sorry! Liz you know I didn't mean to do that! I'm so sorry! I really need help...!" Jonah panics and he lays on the stairs. "I'm really sorry..." he says as I crawl next to him and hug him. "You know I love you don't you?" he says looking at me and rubbing my cheek. I nod and he kisses my forehead. "I know Jonah..." I say as he looks at Alex and Alexa and we get up. 

"I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry you saw that." I say wiping my face. "Just...go upstairs." Jonah says. "Why did you hit mommy?" Alex asks. "Please go to your room for a minute." Jonah says. "But you just hurt mom!" Alexa says raising her voice. "Don't raise your voice at me! Go upstairs!" he yells as they jump and walk upstairs. 

"You really need to talk to somebody Jonah.." I say as he nods. "Can I make it up to you guys? Maybe we can go to dinner tonight. I don't know what else I can do to help..." he says as I hug him tight. "I just wish my dad was still around to give me some advice..." he says crying and I wipe his tears. 

"I know you didn't mean to hit me Jonah. I'm so sorry about your dad. And I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you." I say as he grabs my arms and looks at me. "No. Don't say sorry. You did nothing wrong. I put my hands on you, I'm the one who should say sorry." he says as I sigh and he lets me go. He hugs me tight and I hug him back. 

"Maybe I should go stay with the boys for the night." he says as I shake my head. 

"No.. You don't have to..." I say as he sighs. "I really do. I'm gonna get help. When I come back I'm gonna have my shit together I promise." he says stroking my bruised cheek and sighing. "I don't want it to get any worse than a slap. I'm really sorry baby. I love you so much." he says as he kisses my cheek and walks upstairs. I sit on the stairs and I hear Alexa upstairs yelling at Jonah. I get up and rush upstairs. I walk in the room and Jonah was trying to talk to her but she kept yelling at him. 

"Just leave if you're gonna hurt mom!" she yells. "I didn't mean to..." Jonah says. "Stop talking to him like that it's grown up stuff." I say. "He hit you really hard! You should be on my side!" she yells. "Stop yelling." I say calmly. "You can't tell me what to do because you're not even my real mom!" she yells. "Do you want me to call Isabel because I will!" I say as my temper rising. "Call her then! I don't want to stay with you guys anyway! Me and Alex would be better off on the streets!" she yells as I nod. 

"Fine you ungrateful little shit." I say and I walk away. I walk in the room and grab my phone but Jonah grabs my hand. "Don't give up on her yet. I know she's being a real pain in the ass but we can't give up on her. Sending her back won't help them." he says. 

"I don't know Jonah. She's so fucking disrespectful. And if you leave I can't do this by myself. Maybe we should've had our own baby. Because I can't deal with them." I say as he sighs. "I know. I understand... I just don't want them to think we're getting rid of them..." he says and the doorbell rings and we walk downstairs. I open the door and it was a woman. 

"I'm sorry to disturb you guys, and I know you adopted them but Alexandria and Alexander are my kids and I really want them back... Their dad kicked me out and I wanted to get my stuff together. I have a big house, a good job, education system, and I already talked to your agent, Isabel. She said it was your choice whether you wanted to give them to me... If not, I just want to see them...please.." I look at Jonah and he looks at me. 

"Maybe it's better they go to their mom." I say as he nods.