Chapter 27.

"It's nothing personal." she says and she hangs up. I give the cops her address and they leave. 

*a few days later* 

The doctor comes out and I heard Lizzy crying. 

"I'm sorry Mr. Marais. Your daughter didn't make it." he says as Liz walks out the room dressed and she was crying. I breathe heavily and shake my head starting to cry. 

*Lizzy's POV* 

Jonah collapses on the floor and cries silently. I walk up to him and kneel next to him. 

"Jonah..." I say crying as he sits up and pulls me in. I hug him and he hugs me back. "That bitch took away our baby." he says as I sigh. "Can I drive home?" I say but I wasn't really going home. He nods and gets up. He wipes my face and I wipe his. He signs me out and we walk out. Jonah calls someone to bring the Challenger to the hospital and we wait holding hands. It gets here and I get in the driver's seat. 

Jonah gets in and I lock the doors. I drive to the beach and Jonah was silent. I stared forward driving and I look out the window as we passed a bridge. I look forward and we get to the beach. I drive on the sand and towards the water. 

"What are you doing?" Jonah asks more aware of where we were. I didn't say anything and I rev the engine. "Baby stop." he says as I turn up the radio to max and speed to the water. "Elizabeth! Stop!" Jonah yells but I cry and ignore him. 

"I promise this isn't the end! I swear! I know we lost our baby girl! But I won't let anything like this happen again! You can't give up on me!" he yells and we got closer to the water. "Please don't do this! Please Liz! You're stronger than this!" he yells and we crash into the water. 

We started sinking and I sit there. I look up at the surface and Jonah grabs my hand. 

"As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you." he started singing and I look at him as he turns the music off. 

"Don't wanna lie here, but you can learn to." he says looking up at the surface. 

"If I could change the way that you see yourself. You wouldn't wonder why you're here." He kisses me and I kiss him back aware of where I was. He pulls away grabbing my hands as I felt water filling in the bottom of the car. "They don't deserve you." he finishes as the car starts flooding and it gets to our chests. 

I pull on the door handle but it didn't open. 

"It's okay. Take a deep breath." Jonah says as I panic. "I can't swim!" I say as he grabs me and I take a deep breath. He kicks the window and we get our last breaths. We take deep ones and he gets it open. He pulls us out the window and swims to the surface. He pushes me up first and I gasp for air. He does too and I hold onto him tight. 

We didn't get far from the beach and he holds me tighter than I was holding him. 

"I'm sorry for almost killing us." I say as he sighs. "It's okay. I'm gonna confront Tate." he says as I nod and he swims us to shore. We crawl on the sand and lay next to each other. We cough and catch our breath. I start shivering and Jonah gets up. 

"And my phone is broken." he says as I sit up. "I guess we're gonna stay in the hotel for the night." he says as I nod and he helps me up. We walk over and we get a room. We walk in and I close and lock it. Jonah looks around and finds some old clothes. I take all of my stuff off and put on just the t-shirt over. 

Jonah does the same but with some shorts and I put our clothes on the heater. I sit down on the bed and sigh. Jonah sits next to me and I put my hand on my stomach. 

"I can't believe she's gone." I say as he sighs and puts his hand on mine. "It's okay. I should've never even met Tate to hear what she had to say. I promise you, no more girls as friends. This is gonna be hard to move on from." he says as I nod. "What should we have named her?" I ask as he smiles. "Lizzy." he says as I giggle. 

"No that's my name." I say as he smiles. "What about Alexandria?" he asks as I smile. "I like that. She should be remembered as Alexandria." I say as he smiles and I kiss him. He kisses me back and I wrap my arms around his neck. 

He puts his hands on my waist and I get on his lap. We continue making out and I pull away. 

"I don't want to get pregnant any time soon. I just don't want to feel like we're replacing her." I say as Jonah smiles and rubs my waist. "You think I want a baby right away after this mess? But I don't have any condoms on me." he says as I groan and he sighs. "I know. Sorry." he says as I smile softly. 

"I think I should be resting instead of having sex anyway." I say getting up as he chuckles but he pulls me back. I wrap my legs around his waist and he wraps his arms around mine. "It's gonna be okay. I'll let you beat Tate's ass when she gets out of jail." he says. "That sounds like a good plan to me." I say as he smiles. I smile and kiss him. He kisses me back and I get up. 

I lay down and Jonah does too after turning off the lights. I lay in his arms and he kisses my forehead. 

"I wish we could've met her." he says as I nod. I fall asleep and he does too. I wake up and get up. Me and Jonah's clothes were dry and I put mine on. I had on short a black cami and a white jacket. I wake Jonah up and he groans. "The faster we get home the faster you can be in our bed." I say as he chuckles still half asleep. 

"Fine. I'm going for a walk." I say as he nods. "Be careful goofball." he says sleepily and I giggle. "I will. Love you." I say. "Love you too." I smile and put on my shoes. I walk out the room and out the hotel since we got a room on the first floor. 

I walk around the beach and look in the water. I remember what happened to me as a kid and I sigh. I take off my sandals and walk in the water. I walk around and then I go back to the hotel. I walk to the room and Jonah was still in bed. 

"Jonah!" I say walking up to him and I roll my eyes playfully. I grab the pillow and hit him with it. "Get your ass out of bed!" I yell as I keep hitting him and he groans. "Okay!" he says laughing sleepily and I smile. 

I keep hitting him and he grabs my waist. He pulls me on the bed and pins me down as we both laugh. He towers over me with his sexy ass and I smile. 

"You're so fucking annoying." he says as I chuckle. "That's my job." I say as he smiles and rolls his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." I say as he rolls them again. "Stop."