Chapter 21.

I grab a bag and pack a few clothes. I turn around and Jonah was crying a little. 

"Jonah...I-" "Please just get out. And don't come back until I say you can." he interrupts as I sigh and nod. "I don't have anywhere to-" "Elizabeth! Get the FUCK out!!" he yells as I nod and walk downstairs with blurry vision due to my eyes being so puffy. I open the door and walk outside. 

I lean on the door and cry as it started raining and it was pitch dark to the point I only had the porch as a resource of heat and light. I reached in my pocket and grabbed my phone. I look through my contacts and look at Gabbie's number. I sigh and call it, putting it on speaker. Surprisingly she answered and I sigh. 

"Gabbie...I need a place to stay for a few days..." I say. "And?" she asks. "Listen, I know you're mad at me and probably busy with your baby but I really need you right now I don't have anyone else..." I say. "Go to Santa Cruz with your mom and sister." she says. "Gabbie I don't have the money for that right now... I just need 2 weeks. That's all." I say as she groans. 

"I can't help you Elizabeth. You'll have to call someone who cares." she says. "Gabbie!!" I yell but she hangs up. I lay my head on the door and cry even more. I had no other option so I call Corbyn, putting it on speaker as well. "Hey girly." he says. 

"Um, is Christina or any of the girls over there?" I ask. "No but I'm at the band house. Why what's wrong?" he asks. 

"I don't want to explain because it's so stupid but I fucked up me and Jonah's relationship by letting Mattia seduce me. I was ending it today and Mattia kissed me right when Jonah opened the door. I'm gonna make some money to go back to my hometown in Santa Cruz but Jonah kicked me out and I don't have anywhere to stay.." I say. 

"Did you call Gabbie?" he asks. "She said no! Can you just pick me up!?" I ask. "Jonah comes here everyday. This is the place he's gonna come often." Corbyn says. "Thanks for nothing." I say. "No! Lizzy, wait!-" he says but I hang up. My phone died and I start walking in the dark. 

*Jonah's POV* 

I yell and grab the vase on the desk. I throw it against the wall and scream. I run my hands through my hair and let out a long sigh. I punched the mirror on the closet and it shattered. I wince and look at my hand. I roll my eyes and walk downstairs. 

I heard Lizzy outside and I put my back against the door. I listened to her conversations on the phone and I sigh at the rejection. I heard her footsteps fading and I wait a minute. I pace around and groan. I open the door and look around. She was gone and I groan loudly. I walk out and into the street. I didn't see her anywhere and I started getting soaked. I sigh and walk in the house. I close the door and cry silently. 

I just forced that girl out of my life and she probably won't come back. It wasn't her fault, it was Mattia who forced himself onto her. But she's been doing it for weeks, she could've told me, I would've beat his ass on sight. I sigh with these thoughts running through my head and I walk upstairs. 

*a few weeks later Lizzy's POV* 

I get off the plane and get an Uber to my mom's house. I get there and pay. I walk up to the door and knock. My little sister Maylene answers and she squeals. 

"Lizzy!!" She hugs me and I hug her back. "Mommy!! Come look!" she yells and my mom walks out. She gasps and smiles. I smile too and I hug her. She hugs me back and we pull away. "What are you doing here so unexpected?" she asks pulling me in. "It's a really long story." I say as she closes and locks the front door. 

"How are you and Andrew?" she asks as we sit on the couch and I sigh. "We aren't together anymore. He was cheating on me but I met someone who is a really great guy, yet I messed it up..." I say as they frown. "What happened?" Maylene asks. 

I explain everything including my dad and stuff and my mom sighs. 

"I can't believe he did that to you. And your boyfriend sounds amazing. It's not your fault." she says. "I just want to get some sleep." I say as she nods. "Your room is still the same." she says as I nod and walk in my room. I set my stuff down and Maylene walks in. My phone vibrates but I ignore it. Maylene grabs it and smiles. 

"Is this dad?" she asks as I scoff. "Dad's in jail." I say. "But you got a text from Daddy. If it's not dad then who is it?" she asks as I grab my phone from her and it was Jonah. "Oh...um...it's nobody." I say as she nods and walks out closing the door. 

Daddy🥵🤤

Hey Liz...I'm just checking on you. I just wanted to know how you been... I've been thinking about you lately and I wanted to apologize for kicking you out. I don't expect you to respond but I just wanted to check on you.  

If anything, I wouldn't expect you to text me. I messed us up and I'm really sorry I did that to you. I felt horrible doing it and I think you deserve so much better. 

No! I don't deserve better because I don't want better! I love you so much Liz. I know you didn't do anything wrong. I should've just knocked Mattia on his ass for pushing himself on you. 

I think we should still take this break. I just got home with my mom and sister.
You deserve a chance to find someone else. 

He didn't respond, instead he called me. I sigh and answer it. I put it on speaker and sigh again. 

"Elizabeth, I don't want someone else! I want you!" Jonah says as I start tearing up. "I just think you'd be able to find someone who won't cheat on you with you step brother!" I say. 

"No. Fuck that! I don't want to find anyone else! You are the only person I have loved in a serious way! I love you more than anything in the world! And I respect us taking this break but I want you to come home. Whenever you realize I forgive you. I just want to be able to hold you in my arms again and tell you how much I love you." he says as I wipe my face. 

"I don't want to hurt you again." I say as he sighs. "You won't! I shouldn't have kicked you out baby. I'm sorry. Just let me know when you're ready to come home, I'll even drive to you if you can't afford a plane." he says. 

"It's a 5 hour drive! I just think we need time away from each other! Why can't you just let that happen?" I ask.