Chapter 46.

"If Jonah dies, I will bail you out myself and hurt you way more than you hurt me. You don't deserve anything. You don't deserve a child. You don't deserve to be happy." I say and I push her. 

"I know people. Don't play with me. And it will happen if Jonah dies and it's a high chance. So don't think you get it off easy." I say as I walk away and back to the hospital. I walk in the room and Jonah wasn't awake. 

The boys hug me and leave. I hold Beth and the doctors bring in a little crib, putting it next to Jonah's bed. I feed her and she falls asleep. I change her diaper and put her in the crib. I sigh and look at Jonah. He was still breathing and I sigh of relief. I stroke his cheek and kiss him gently. 

"Please pull through..." I whisper as I cry and I grab his hand. As I walk away, I feel his grip tighten. I look at him and his eyes were slightly opened. "I... love you...so much...Liz..." he says barely as he winces holding his stomach. I kiss his cheek and he smiles softly. 

"You know...you can make it... through this...if something happens... If I don't make it, you'll have to live on...for me...for our daughter.." he says as I shake my head and cry sitting on the chair and laying my head on the edge of his bed. He rubs my hair and he lifts my head up. 

He wipes my tears and pulls me in. He kisses me slowly and passionately and I kiss him back the same way as he runs his fingers through my hair. 

It was the longest kiss we've ever had. We pull away and he smiles. 

"You've got a daughter now...you can't slack...if you need to move on to the next... I want you to do that..." he says as I look down. "Look at me, Lizzy..." he says and I look at him. "Promise me that if you need to, you will move on..." 

"Jonah, I can't-" 

"Promise me..Lizzy.." I sigh and nod. "I promise.." I say as he nods. "You get some sleep. I'll be right here." I say as he nods and falls asleep. I turn off the light and lay down. The doctor checks in and I fall asleep. 

*4 weeks later* 

I wake up and someone was next to me. I turn and it was Jonah. 

"Good morning baby." he says as I hug him tight and we roll off the small bed. He chuckles and holds me tighter than I was holding him. "Please don't ever do that again." I say as I start crying tears of joy and he gets up. We pull out of the hug and he wipes my tears. "Don't cry." he says as I chuckle and he smiles. "You scared me so bad." I say as he sighs. 

"I was just thinking of what could've happened. I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted you to know that I will always be by your side. And the doctors told me you were aggressive as hell." he says as I chuckle wiping my eyes. "You know damn well you would be aggressive if that was me." I say as he nods. "Probably." he says and we laugh. 

Bethany starts fussing and Jonah walks over to her crib. I make her a bottle as Jonah picks her up and sits down. I walk over to them and give him the bottle as I sit next to him. He feeds Bethany and she looks at us. 

"2 months old." I say as Jonah smiles and kisses her forehead. She finishes and I put the bottle in the bag. Dan and Carrie walk in and Jonah looks at them. "I'm so happy you're okay my little Jonah Bear." Carrie says hugging him and he smiles. "Ew you haven't called me that in years." he says chuckling and they pull out of the hug. Dan hugs him and Jonah hugs back. 

"Good job son. I'm proud of you for pulling through." he says as Jonah smiles. "Thanks Dad." he says. "You guys probably need some time for yourselves. How about we hang onto her for the weekend and you guys can get some time alone?" Carrie suggests and we nod. 

"That would be great." I say as they smile. "You can get her tonight." Jonah says as they nod and talk a little longer then they leave. The doctor walks in and smiles. "Mr and Mrs Marais, seems like you guys are ready to go. How do you feel Jonah?" "I feel good. My stomach hurts here and there but it's turned into a bruise and I think I'll be fine." Jonah says as he nods. 

"Good, good. If you have any questions or there's any changes just come back and let us know. I'd suggest nothing too extreme until after a few days. Like, if you can bend all the way over and can't really feel the pain when you are working out or whatever involves your abs, then you're a-okay." the doctor says as we nod and Jonah puts Beth in her car seat. 

I grab the bags and we walk out. I sign Jonah out and we go home. Jonah takes Beth upstairs and we walk in the room. I put our clothes up and Jonah grabs Beth. He takes her in her room and I change my clothes. 

"Baby! Can you bring a few diapers in here?!" Jonah yells. "Okay!" I yell back and I grab some diapers and t-shirts. I walk in her room and Jonah was playing with her. 

"I scared mommy really bad. I just wanted to tell her everything I could because I didn't know if I was about to die. And you wouldn't have known who I was. I'm sorry for everything you're involved in. But I won't let anything happen to you. Or your mommy, because I love you guys more than I love myself. You two are my favorite girls in the world. And I'll do anything for you guys. I love you little Beth." I smile and walk up to him. 

He looks at me and smiles. I put the diapers under the changing table and he changes her. He puts a t-shirt on her and then he lays her on his shoulder. We walk in the room and Jonah lays on the bed. He sighs as he lets Beth next to him. 

I make a few bottles and set them on the nightstand. Beth falls asleep and I put her in the crib. I close the door and I sit on the bed. Jonah sits up and winces a little then he pulls me on his lap.

"I'm sorry I scared you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just wanted you to stay calm and keep living if you lost me. Because you have a daughter now, and if anything happens to us, we have to keep going." he says as I sigh. 

"I don't want to keep going without you. I need you Jonah." I say as he smiles softly and pulls me in. He kisses me and I kiss him back. 

I wrap my arms around his neck and he puts his hands on my hips. He runs his hands up and down my thighs and we continue making out. I pull away and Jonah sighs. 

"I wouldn't want to keep going without you either. I know I would be the same if that was you laying in that hospital bed." he says as I nod. The doorbell rings and I get up. "That's probably your parents." I say as he gets up and packs Beth's bag. I walk downstairs and open the front door. It was Andrew and I look at him. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask. "I messed up... I got fired and nobody else will hire me... In fact, I've been falling apart ever since everything happened... And I just needed you to know that I need you.." he says as he gets on his knees and grabs my hands. 

"I'm so sorry for how I treated you. I regret it because I lost you. Please take me back." he says as I scoff. "You do realize I am married and have a child right?" I ask as he looks at the ring on my finger and I pull my hands away. "What's this asshole doing here?" Jonah asks walking next to me. "I was just telling Liz that I need her..." Andrew says as Jonah nods. 

"You only need her so she'll take care of you. Now get the fuck off my property." Jonah says as Andrew nods and walks away. Jonah closes the door and I sigh. He winces and holds his stomach. He sighs and I grab his shirt. I pull it up and I see the scar. "Does it hurt?" I ask. "It just stung a little." he says as I nod. "You should sit down for a minute." I say as he sighs and nods. The doorbell rings again and I open it. It was Dan and Carrie and they smile. 

"Hey guys." I say and they walk in. "I'll go get her." I say and Jonah walks upstairs too. He grabs her car seat and puts her in it. I grab her bag and we walk downstairs. We give her to them and I tell them everything they need to know then they leave. Jonah and I walk upstairs and in the room. Jonah sits on the bed and I look at him. 

"2 days off. Let's go out to the hot tub." he says as I smile and nod. I change into my swimsuit and so does Jonah. We walk outside and sit in the hot tub. We talk a little and he pulls me on his lap. He kisses me and I kiss him back. He grabs my ass and I put my hands on his chest. He pulls away and smiles.