Chapter 44.

Bethany wakes up and starts crying. I try to put her pacifier in her mouth but she spits it out and I sigh. 

"It's okay princess we'll be home soon." I say as she fusses and we get home. We get out and walk in. We put the stuff in the room and I grab a bottle out of the bag. I grab the water and make a bottle. "Jonah please take these bottles downstairs and set them by the microwave and heat this one up for a few seconds." I say as he nods and takes them downstairs. 

I get the baby lounger and set it on the bed. I grab Beth and lay her on it. I put the car seat on the floor and sit on the bed. Beth continues crying and I sigh. "Daddy's coming with your bottle, it's okay Beth." I say and Jonah walks in. He checks the bottle and I do too. It was good and I feed her. Jonah puts the car seat in the closet and puts the clothes away. 

He lays down next to me and sighs. I smile at Beth and Jonah looks at us. He smiles and sits up next to me. He looks at Beth and I look at him. 

"Now we're a family." I say as he smiles and nods. "And there's no turning back. We can't do like Jack and Gabbie. We have to promise we'll stay a family, even if we end up not loving each other anymore. I doubt that will happen of course, but just in case." he says as I nod and finish feeding her. She still had some milk in her bottle so I put it on the nightstand as Jonah gets up. 

He moves the crib in our room and I lay with Beth on my chest. I rub her hair and she opens her eyes. I lay her on the bed and she looks around. 

"You definitely got Daddy's hair. And his pretty eyes." I say as Jonah sits down and smiles. "Thanks baby." he says as I smile. Beth looks at him and he makes a funny face. She smiles at him and he smiles back as she puts her fingers in her mouth, looking around curiously. 

"Welcome home princess." I say as she sneezes. We awe and smile. "Bless you." Jonah says as she rubs her eyes. "You want her?" I ask as he nods and I give her to him. He holds her in his hands and I lay my head on his shoulder as he lays back. 

"Princess Nala, you are such a pretty baby. I swear on my life that I won't let anything happen to you and your mommy. I will always be here to protect you guys even if me and mommy slip up, which will never happen. I love you Beth, and I love you Liz.." Jonah says as I smile and he lays Nala on his chest. "I love you too Jonah." I say as he smiles and I fall asleep. 

*Jonah's POV* 

I hear Lizzy snoring and I chuckle. I grab my phone and take a few pictures. I post it and put a long heartfelt caption. 

"3 years ago, I met Elizabeth, and I was acting like an idiot. I was nervous, because I was falling really hard and I didn't want to ever since Riley. But I noticed that we were close and she did like me back. And I wasn't nervous anymore. Now, this woman is my beautiful and amazing wife, and on June 1st, 5 days ago, she gave birth to our daughter, Bethany Marais. All of the true fans, thank you so much for your support and just the fact you're keeping up with me and the boys' music. We all really appreciate it. And even though me and Jack have kids, it doesn't mean we're quitting the band. We're best friends and we're living a dream. I'll keep you updated. I love you Bethany and Elizabeth Marais. And I love all you limelights." I post it and put my phone down. 

I put Bethany in her crib and I go to sleep. 

*Lizzy's POV* 

I wake up to Bethany crying and I check the time. It was 3 and Jonah groans. I get up and turn on the lamp. I walk up to the crib and grab her. 

"It's okay baby, it's okay." I whisper sleepily and I sit on the bed. I grab the bottle on the nightstand and it was too cold. I sigh and walk downstairs. 

I turn on the light and heat up the bottle. I hear Jonah upstairs talking on the phone and I walk up there after turning the lights off and grabbing the bottle. I walk in the room and close the door. 

"I thought I told you to stop fucking calling me." Jonah says as I pick up Bethany and feed her. "Okay. I posted my 5 day old baby on Instagram. Why are you on my Instagram anyway?" he argues. She finishes the bottle and I set it on the nightstand. "You're a fucking psychopath." Jonah says as I grab his phone and give Beth to him. 

"Hello?" I ask. "Put Jonah back on the phone." Tate says. "No. What do you want?" I ask. "I can't have a baby. Now I'll take yours." she says and she hangs up. "Block her." "I did! She called me off a different phone!" Jonah says. "Then block this number." I say and he does. He sighs and I do too. "What did she say?" I ask. "She was saying she was gonna take Bethany from us because she lost her baby and she said you had something to do with it." he says as I scoff. 

"It's not my fault she can't have a baby..." I say and I look at Bethany. "I hope it was an empty threat." I say as he sighs. "I'm not gonna fucking let anything happen to you guys. Whatever happens, whatever she does, I promise you two will not get hurt." Jonah says as I nod. 

*4 weeks later* 

I wake up in the middle of the night to Bethany fussing and I get up. I turn on the lamp and look for a bottle. I didn't have one so I had to go downstairs. When I reach for the doorknob I hear glass shattering downstairs, and I freeze. I cautiously lock the door and back up. I get on the bed and wake Jonah up. He looks at me and yawns. 

"What's wrong?" he asks. "I think somebody's downstairs. I heard glass." I say as he gets up quickly and throws water on his face to wake up. He grabs his phone and calls the police. 

"I think someone broke into my house." he says as I grab Beth and she was still fussy. I just breastfed her and Jonah put on some clothes while talking to the police. "My wife heard glass shattering downstairs. I think they're still in the house." he says and I put my shirt back on. "Okay. Thank you." Jonah says and he hangs up. "They should be here in about 15 minutes." he says and the power goes out. 

"Shit." he says and he turns on his flashlight. He grabs a candle out the bathroom and he grabs his lighter. He lights it and sets it on the nightstand. I grab my phone and there was no service. "Did you lock the door?" he asks. "Yeah." I say and we hear footsteps walking up the stairs. 

I move to the other side of the bed and Jonah pulls me behind him. Someone grabs the doorknob and tries to open the door. Jonah looks around and opens the closet. 

"Go in the closet and wait for me, I'll be back." he says as I sigh. "Please don't. Just stay..." I say as he sighs and sits me down in the closet while the person at the door starts banging on it. He kneels down and looks at the door.