Chapter 45.

"Listen, I promised you that I would protect you two and that's what I'm gonna do. I will die before something happens to you guys." he says. "What if they have a gun?!" I ask as he kisses me and I kiss him back. He puts his hand in my hair and pulls away. "I'll be okay." he says as the person at the door starts breaking it open. "I'll be back." he says and he kisses Bethany's forehead. He closes the closet and I sigh. 

*Jonah's POV* 

I grab my pistol out of the case and I aim at the door. It opens and Tate walks in. I aim at her and she smiles. 

"Jonah what are you doing?" she asks as I sigh. "Stay away from my family." I say as she chuckles. "You know you don't love Lizzy. Why do you keep telling yourself that?" she says. "You don't fucking know how I feel!" I yell and she walks up to me. 

"You know you liked that bj I gave you. It felt like a date. I could do that all the time if you divorce her and come with me. With the baby." She says pulling on my pants as I push her off and aim at her head. 

"I'm giving you a chance to leave." I say. "Where is the baby Jonah?! You and I could be together forever if you just give her to me!!! I just want to feel her in my arms and hold her tight... I just want something to protect.. Something to be in charge of!! And you're gonna divorce that bitch, be with me, and I'll be that baby's mother!!! And you will watch me kill Lizzy- better yet, you'll kill her!!! Now where is she!!?" she yells and we hear the sirens. 

She looks at me and I sigh. She grabs a knife and pushes me against the mirror. She stabs me in my stomach and I yell in pain. She walks toward the closet and I grab her leg. She trips and I sit in front of the closet. 

I slide my gun under the bed and she gets on top of me. I kick her off and she groans. I stand up as a guy walks in. He almost shoots me but he misses as the police detain them. I groan and they call an ambulance. 

*Lizzy's POV* 

I hear the cops after calling the boys and I open the closet door with Bethany in my arms. Jonah was sitting next to the closet and I crawl on top of him. 

"Jonah!" I say as his eyes close a little. I grab Beth's lounger and set it next to us. I put her on it and I shake Jonah. "Jonah! Please don't leave me! Please, you're strong, baby! Please! Jonah!" I say crying and he looks at me smiling. 

"Whatever happens to me... I need you to take care of Bethy..." he says weakly. "No! I don't say that! Nothing is gonna happen! You're gonna pull through! You are not leaving me!" I yell as I cup his face in my hands and he puts his hand in my hair. 

"I'm just saying what the high probability is... I don't know what's gonna happen baby...but I promise...you'll be okay... I'll be looking down on my beautiful girls...There is a chance I'm gonna die and you're gonna pull your sexy ass through it because you are...a strong, amazing, and gorgeous woman... And if you need to move on to get help...then do it..." he says stroking my cheek. He holds his stomach and winces. 

"Jonah stop FUCKING talking like that!! You're not gonna die! I can't live without you..! You can't leave me with a baby...! I need you Jonah...!" I say sobbing and he pulls me in. I cry in his shoulder and he rubs my hair, shushing me. "It's okay baby. I love you and Beth more than anything." he says as I shake my head and his eyes close. I look at him and I shake him. 

"Jonah no! No! Jonah!" I yell as the paramedics run in and so do the boys. Jack grabs Beth and Daniel and Corbyn pull me off of Jonah. "Let me go!" I yell and they comfort me. Zach and Jack pack me and Beth a bag and they put her in her car seat. I cry and Daniel kisses my forehead. "Let's go to the hospital." Corbyn says as I get up and put on my shoes and jacket. We go to the hospital and we walk in. I walk up to the counter and the receptionist looks at me. 

"How may I help you?" she asks. "I'm here for uh..Jonah Marais.." I say, still crying. "Yes. He's in surgery right now but you can wait in the emergency waiting room. He should be out soon and his doctor is Dr. Michael Smith." she says as I nod and we walk to the emergency waiting room. The boys sit down and I pace around. 

"Lizzy, please sit down and feed Beth." Jack says as I look at her and she starts crying. I make a bottle and sit down. I grab her and feed her. When she finishes I sigh and give her to the boys. "I need some air." I say as I get up and walk outside. I see the police station across the street and I decided I'll walk over later. 

I cry a little more at the thought of losing Jonah and I walk back in. I sit down and the doctor comes out a little while after. I get up and he looks at me. "Mrs. Marais...there is a very high chance that your husband will not live..." he says as I choke on my words while tears start streaming down my cheeks. 

"You've got to be kidding me." I say as he sighs. "I'm not, and trust me I really wish I was. I'm really really sorry, but the only thing we can do is wait." he says and I scoff. 

"No you see, there's probably many things you can do. Like, your scientists probably have the fucking cure for cancer but your whole fucking industry is about money! So you're gonna do everything you can to save him! You don't understand how bad I need him! So please, do everything you can because I know there's more you can do!" I snap as he sighs and nods. 

"Okay Mrs Marais. Will you be staying with him?" he asks as I nod. "I have to do something. Guys stay with Beth I won't be long." I say as the boys nod and I walk out. I walk to the police station. I walk in and up to the counter. "I'm looking for Tate Dahl." I say as he nods. 

"I'll let her know." he says and an officer takes me to her cell. She looks at me and I stare at her coldly. She walks up to the bars and smiles. "I'll get your daughter-" 

I grab her shirt and pull her against the bars as she slams against them and winces.