Chapter II- Manager

Your POV

After I finished my nightly routine, I laid down in my bed. I picked up my phone and dialed my cousin's number.

'Hello? Who's this?'

'Guess who?'

'Oh hey (Y/N)-Chan!! Long time no call!! How's Tokyo?'

'Geez, Kazuya. I can't believe you'd actually spill the beans to Nagata-senpai. You're really an idiot'

'Why thank you for the insult~ So, are you joining or what? Your skills would go to waste if you're not joining you know. Just because you can't play anymore doesn't mean that you'll quit your love for volleyball.'

'Yeah, maybe I'll join'

'You should be, you volleyball goddess'

'Stop flattering me you four-eyed baseball geek'

'Well, at least I'm handsome and cool to be in a monthly sports magazine'

'Yeah yeah. Good grief. So how's Seidou?'

'Absolutely still the best school for me. I made it to the first string as catcher you know'

'Well congrats Kazu! Hope we'll see each other around!'

'Thanks cuz! Love ya! Hope you'll find a boyfriend ms.single-since-birth. You're too good to have a boyfriend anyway'

'Hey! Look who's talking. At least I didn't get dumped and rejected. Hahahaha!!'

'Oi!! Stop laughing. Geez, hahaha'

'MIYUKI-SENPAI!!!!!! PLEASE CATCH FOR ME!!'

'Who's that?'

'Oh sorry, just a loud and annoying kouhai(junior). Oi Sawamura! Quiet down, I'm in the phone you idiot!!'

Pffttt. They seemed to have a lot of fun in there. Poor Kazuya for dealing with a bratty kouhai, hahaha.

'Oi (Y/N)-chan? You still there?'

'Yeah?'

'I think we should talk again sometime. This brat is going to drag me in the field. Ho-

Ano, Miyuki-senpai's girlfriend!! Please forgive me for taking your boyfriend away'

'Boyfriend? Pfft. You seemed to have a misunderstanding. I'm his cousin, (L/N) (Y/N).'

'Ohh.. SORRY!!'

'It's okay. Hey Kazuya?? Are you there?'

'Yes, what?'

'You should train him well okay? I think the two of you would make a good battery'

'More like a drained one'

'Pfft. Yeah right. For someone who's a very good catcher, you'll train him well'

'Ok!! I'll put on a leash in this crazy idiot. I'll get going now. Good night (Y/N)-chan!! Bye!!'

'Bye!'

The call ended and I sighed, thinking of what lies ahead of me. I should get prepared for the consequences in meeting those two idiots again. Later, I went to sleep.

---------

Timeskip

I was on my way to school as I spotted Nagata-senpai waving at me and I waved back.