Chapter LXXVII- Champions

Your POV

-

[Spring Interhigh 2014]

-

[Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium]

-

A year has passed and we're now standing at the center court of the main arena. We're now at the championships, and we're going against Inubushi Higashi, the team who defeated us last year.

A lot happened this year, and the boys got so much better than before. A lot of new members joined the team and they worked hard for this moment.

Also, I have a cute baby brother named Giyuu! My parents were hesitant to name it with that at first, but I somehow persuaded them into naming him Giyuu. He has black hair and blue eyes, inherited from the Kageyamas.

Right now, we're at our match point. Inubushi's number one served the ball in a jump serve, but Komori raised it up. He then passed the ball to our new setter.

"Sakusa-senpai!"

Akana, our second year setter, tossed the ball high up in the air. Omi then jumped as three blockers are in front of him.

But with those flexible wrists of his, the ball spun nastily as it blows the blocks away, the ball out of the line. The crowd went silent until the referee blew the whistle, calling the match over.

'And from the left came the number one ace of the country, Sakusa Kiyoomi! Itachiyama Institute took the title of the champions once again!', the announcer yelled as the crowds roared.

'Everyone! Boys' Volleyball Spring Interhigh 2014's Champion, Itachiyama Institute! Congratulations!', the announcer continued as the crowds applauded.

"We did it!!!", the boys cried as they pumped their fists up in the air, with happy tears.

The announcer then called for both teams to line up, as the boys then bowed their heads.

"Arigatou gozaimashita!!", both teams yelled as the boys then walked their way to the bench with happy faces.

"Well done, boys! We're so proud of you all!", Yamada-sensei said with a smile as the boys bowed their heads.

"Thank you, Yamada-sensei!", they shouted, well except for Omi as always, as tears flowed from their eyes.

The boys were then called to line up to receive their medals and trophy. They had the happiest looks I've ever seen, and I could see Omi smiling a little.

'And for the MVP of the game, goes to the one and only Sakusa Kiyoomi! Congratulations!', the announcer said as Omi walked up to the front as he was given the MVP's trophy.

I'm so proud of him!

As he received his trophy, he then looked at me and gave me a smile, and I'm so happy for him. After the awarding, I was about to make my way to Omi until a wave of interviewers made their way to Omi.

It's not just him who got interviewed but as well as Komori and Arita-kun. I noticed Omi looking at my direction. He cannot escape them since it may be rude.

I could see the displeased look in his face as they started asking him some questions. The first one was from the Monthly Sports Magazine as she prepared her notepad and pen.

"Congratulations for winning the Spring Interhigh and the MVP award, Sakusa Kiyoomi-kun! But may I ask what made you so strong in volleyball?", she asked as Omi just looked bored at her.