Chapter XLVIII- Back In Miyagi

Your POV

"(Y/N)! Hurry up! We're going now!", my mother yelled from downstairs as I groaned.

Today is Sunday and I'm supposed to be going to practice. Well, my mother personally called Kurosu-sensei last night and asked him to let me off for this day since today was actually Kazuyo-jii's death anniversary in Miyagi.

His full name is Kageyama Kazuyo, he's also my grandfather. He's my father's uncle and the one who raised him until he became an adult. Since my real grandparents have divorced when my father was still a toddler, Kazuyo-jii took care of him along with his son who's the same age as him.

"Coming!", I said as I grabbed my things then went downstairs.

I wonder how Tobio's doing? Miwa-nee is actually working here in Tokyo as a hairstylist, and I heard that Tobio became more of a volleyball genius. It's been quite a while since the last time I saw them, since Kazuyo-jii passed away.

Since I grew up in Hyōgo where my mother was raised, we sometimes visit our relatives in Miyagi. Probably less than ten days every year, but I'm close with my cousins there.

'Buzz! Buzz!'

As I went inside the car, I looked at my phone to see that I received a message from Omi. I already told him last night that I can't go to practice today since I'll be going to Miyagi.

• • •

Omitachi: Stay safe, okay? And don't forget to bring the disinfectants.

His message made me smile as I immediately typed my reply so fast.

Me: Don't you worry, Omi! I can take care of myself, you know?

Omitachi: But still, be careful. Don't you make me get worried and have me go to Miyagi and get you.

Me: I know I know! Do your best, okay? The prelims is now three weeks away and who knows we would face some strong opponents.

Omitachi: I know and I always will. Just tell me if you're troubled and I'll be there for you.

Me: Awww~ You're too sweet that you're going to give me diabetes~

Omitachi: Then I should stop being sweet if you'll end up with that.

Me: No no! I'm just kidding! You're actually the best and I'm not getting sick!

Omitachi: Yes, you're not getting sick if you're with me. Well not even a flu or some virus or whatsoever. As long as I'm there, you'll be in good health.

Me: Okay, mister with-me-you'll-be-fine! I love you!

Omitachi: Love you too.

Gosh! Why does he have to be so sweet all the time?!?! He's even looking out for my health and treats me well every time.

• • •

After texting with Omi, I relaxed at the backseat while listening to some anime openings. Right now, KANA-BOON's Silhouette is playing. Suddenly, a question popped up in my mind and I remembered that father graduated high school in Miyagi.

"Tou-san, you finished high school in Miyagi, right?", I asked as my father looked at me from the mirror.

"Why do you ask, sweetie?"

"Well, I was wondering which high school you attended."

"I actually graduated from Karasuno High School, where your uncle and I studied. I heard that Tobio-kun went there and also played volleyball.", he said.