Chapter XVIII- The Admirer

Your POV

Our walk home this afternoon was literally silent, I didn't even talk to him about it. We only exchange glances and nods.

Good thing that the train wasn't crowded unlike yesterday. However, I didn't get to sit next to him so I sat across him.

I would often close my eyes to rest and when I open it I would always caught Sakusa looking at me then averted his eyes to somewhere else.

Geez. If only I didn't blurt that stupid phrase out loud things would've stayed the same. Well, the past is in the past so I'll just keep moving forward.

My mind went back to the admirer who sent the letter. I wonder who he is though. What I know about him was that he's from our school but how on earth did he know I live in this area?

Well I already have my answer and that's a 'NO'. My parents would kill me if they would find out, but I'm glad that they're gone for tonight and would probably stay in a hotel since it's their anniversary.

The train arrived in our stop as the two of us got off together without even communicating. I think walking with him home for so long made our minds connected.

Our silent walk continued until we arrived in front of my house. I was about to turn to face Sakusa to explain things but then he's already gone. Grrr. What a drag.

Since I'm conscious of the time we will meet in the park, I already went inside the house then changed into my normal clothes, which are not revealing but comfy.

I looked at the time to see that it's already 5:49 P.M. and so I left already since the walk to the park would approximately be around 10 minutes. I could get there on time.

———————————————————————

Sakusa POV

[Flashback-Earlier]

I opened my locker to see some letters filled inside. Urgh, I really hate these stupid girls. Wish I'm allowed to spray some insect killer inside the campus.

When I started cleaning up my locker, I saw a disinfectant spray which I don't recognise before with a note attached.

This one caught my attention since it's a disinfectant spray. So, I opened the note attached to it. It read;

———-

'I like you Sakusa-kun. I hope you'll accept this as an apology gift from yesterday.

Please meet me in the park in our area this 6:00 P.M.

- (L/N) (Y/N)'

———

What?!!?! Is this for real??!??!!

I immediately closed the letter then folded it neatly before putting it in my pocket. But something seems off with this letter.

'Yo Sakusa!! What's up??', I heard Komori yelled as he approached as I just ignored him.

We went to the cafeteria and sat across each other. A minute or two later, Shizune-senpai came then sat beside Komori. They seem to be in a good mood.

Suddenly out of nowhere, (L/N) stood beside Shizune-senpai as she shoved a piece of paper in front of her face.

'Oh, what's this?', she asked dumbfoundedly as (L/N) glared at her.

'Come on, please do pull pranks on me senpai~', she said in a sarcastic tone and senpai kept on insisting that it wasn't her.

I just ignored them as I then proceeded eat the hot miso soup. They kept bickering nonstop until my ears perked up to what Shizune-senpai said.

'So, are you going or not? Don't let the poor boy's feelings hurt by not showing up', I heard her say it as I feel annoyed.

So the paper she showed her was a love letter. But she didn't know him or even like him, right? I don't have to be annoyed since we'll be meeting up later.

But then, she'll be also meeting up with him later but I don't know what time. This is so confusing. Is the letter even real?

She likes me.

That's what the letter said and I'm going to meet up with her later.
But why would she wants to— Don't tell me—

Suddenly, I felt the seat beside me move to see her sitting beside me. I still haven't gotten over it and we just ate in silence while the other two were talking.

How am I suppose to confront her if I keep quiet all the time?

I slowly drank the soup since it was still hot. But then Shizune-senpai's sudden question caught me off guard.

'Hey why are you two so quiet? Did something happen?', she asked though my face was still quite red due to the hot soup. We ignored her question as we kept on eating.

[Flashback-End]

———-

I showered earlier than usual since I don't want her to wait for me. I don't know what to wear so I ended up in a jacket and pants. I was about to go out when so heard my mother's voice.

"Oh, Kiyoomi? Where are you going?"

"I'll be out for a jog", I lied since I don't want her to squeal like a schoolgirl.

I ran to the park hoping that I could get there earlier, and I brought the letter with me. I already used the disinfectant spray she gave me so that I'll meet up with her cleanly.

I arrived at the park and was glad that she wasn't still here yet. I wonder if she'll meet the boy later after me, or she already have confronted him. I looked at my phone to see that it's 5:58 P.M.

2 minutes more.

I will finally confess to her this time and I will definitely not fail. I don't need to practice what I'll have to say since I'll be telling her directly what my heart feels. I will absolutely not go mute this time.

2 minutes later she arrived on time. She was in the other side of the park and seems to be looking for me so I walked towards her.

"(L/N)", I called her as she turned her head to me with a surprised face.

"S-Sakusa-kun??! What are you doing here?", she asked which made me confused.

"I'm here as what you told me", I answered her then grabbed the note from my pocket then gave it to her. She eyed the note carefully then flushed red.

"T-This isn't me! I swear.. Don't tell me you're the secret admirer?"

"What? You didn't make this letter??"

"Of course not! It's probably senpai playing pranks on us", she explained as I felt my heart just shuttered. So what the letter said.... was a lie?

"Say, were you the one who made this letter?", she asked then showed me a letter as I shook my head.

"No, it's definitely not me"

"This is probably another of Shizune-senpai's prank", she scoffed as she then faced me.

"Let's just forget about this, Sakusa-kun. As well as the incident yesterday. I'll talk to Shizune-senpai about it", she said as she then walked away.

"(L/N)! Wait!"

I said as I then ran to her then grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving. This might be my only chance to tell her. It's now or never.

"I like you"

To be continued,