Chapter XXXII- The Hidden Feelings Of A Close Friend

Third Person POV

"It's been a while, Komori-senpai. I'm Iizuna... Iizuna Sanae.", said the first year student who sat with them.

The four people went silent as they have come to the conclusion.  Shizune nervously chuckled as she then looked at Sanae.

"By any chance, do you have an older brother?", she asked as the first year nodded her head.

"And is your brother named Tsukasa?", Shizune asked with sweat running in her forehead as the first year nodded.

The four were quite shocked to know that their captain, Iizuna Tsukasa, had a little sister who is quite the opposite of him. They've always known that their captain was a nice and a motivating person, while his sister... she is nice but not very jolly.

Sanae noticed that Shizune was intensely staring at her, making her quite uncomfortable. But then, she also noticed Komori staring at her as she got flustered. She then looked back to Shizune.

'My rival', Sanae thought.

'My future sister-in-law', Shizune thought while Komori stole a glance of her as he then looked back to the first year.

'My rival's little sister', Komori thought as the three had a staring session, seeming like they haven't seen another human for years.

—-

Komori's been quite secretive for these past months, and he's so good at hiding it that no one knows. Though he almost got caught by (Y/N) whenever he would look at Shizune from afar.

He has liked her ever since his first year when he then joined the Itachiyama boys' volleyball team. And it was when he then first met Shizune.

They have the same tastes in most things, and all this time later realized that he's becoming so fond of her though she's a senpai, but that doesn't stopped him from liking her.

Whenever the two of them are together, they always felt comfortable in each other's company. But ever since (Y/N)  told him that Shizune had a crush on their captain setter, he feels like there's no hope for him but he won't give up that easily.

The right time will come, and that time he would confess his feelings for her. Although he always felt that he's been friend-zoned, he wanted to be more than that. And so he will wait for the right time.

When the two of them played cupids for the matchmaking of Sakusa and (Y/N), they've gotten a lot more closer. And each time she would hold him, his heart would always flutter. She always makes him happy though she didn't even know it.

The time when Sakusa and (Y/N) started dating, although secretly, he's jealous that they finally found love. And he wanted to be the same with Shizune.

He's always been so cheerful and friendly, and he knows that his personality attracted some females. And they would also act nice to him.

But then, he still didn't know what it feels to truly like someone besides his family, just like what Sakusa used to be until (Y/N) appeared.

With Shizune's weird and unpredictable personality, he's always find her company amusing, which then later on led to his fondness for her. Yet, he was afraid of getting rejected.